JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy moly! Wow! Cool and gross all at once. Just one more reason I don't like snakes. I knew a guy who was bit by a rattle snake in the lower thigh. He was given a choice on the anti-venom and ended up not doing it. He had long-term issues ... 6 months as I recall.

In just this past month I've caught a brown racer, pacific garter, and one california king. I almost kept the racer! It calmed down within a minute and just cruised around my hands untill I put it out in the tree-line. That king though...tore up the thumb on my glove something fierce.

I survived a rattler bite. Hurt like hell, I was sick for a week straight and in bed for 2. Remember; only about 1% of the populace is actually allergic. Multiple bites can still kill you though, the amount of venom in your system does have a bearing on your condition after.

"I am sorry Bill. She put a Black Mamba in your brother's trailer ...." LOL!

That sure was a great scene when he opened up the red suitcase to retrieve his million bucks for the Hanzo sword.

I consider myself an animal lover - the more I know about people, the more I prefer animals - but I'll pass on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely hate snakes, of any kind. They creep me out, always have.

I grew up in the south, with all of the rattlesnakes, copperheads, and crazy-a$$ water moccasins. Water Moccasins will try to bite you if you get anywhere near them. They don't need a reason.

When I was about 13 I was working for the family of a friend in a field, hauling hay. I nearly stepped on a damn big snake, scared the crap out of me. I went back to the truck and told the big boss man that I'm done. When he asked me why I told him about the snake. He then asked me what shape was it's head. Hell, I don't know what it was. But it's FLAT now.

I grew up in the south, with all of the rattlesnakes, copperheads, and crazy-a$$ water moccasins. Water Moccasins will try to bite you if you get anywhere near them. They don't need a reason.

I did too. Yep, I have been around lots of snakes and the Water Moccasins are the meanest by far. They will come for you and dodge the stuff you throw at them.

Poor guy got lucky, he could have lost his whole foot, life.

You fellas haven't LIVED until you've dealt with the Bushmaster. Good gawd, that's the Devil's snake! The SOB's will go out of their way to get you, and even after a couple of hours of losing their head the evil things can/will still bite and kill you if your dumb enough to play with it. I'll never forget seeing a detached head bite into a stick we poked it with, TWO HOURS LATER! That ain't right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top