Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Look out for snakes!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Phillyfan, May 8, 2013.

1. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

fredball and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Holy moly! Wow! Cool and gross all at once. Just one more reason I don't like snakes. I knew a guy who was bit by a rattle snake in the lower thigh. He was given a choice on the anti-venom and ended up not doing it. He had long-term issues ... 6 months as I recall.

3. LTRGUY261

LTRGUY261 Southern Oregon New Member

Dang, that looks nasty....and I bet painful as heck!

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I'm glad they are non existent in Western WA. I come from rattlesnake country.. my bro and dad once saw a 9 footer

5. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

In just this past month I've caught a brown racer, pacific garter, and one california king. I almost kept the racer! It calmed down within a minute and just cruised around my hands untill I put it out in the tree-line. That king though...tore up the thumb on my glove something fierce.

I survived a rattler bite. Hurt like hell, I was sick for a week straight and in bed for 2. Remember; only about 1% of the populace is actually allergic. Multiple bites can still kill you though, the amount of venom in your system does have a bearing on your condition after.

6. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Nasty I'm sure, but still not as deadly as a sandpacker snake.

Sgt Nambu and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And people wonder when I am in poisonous snake country I would rather shoot first and look later.

8. phatdoughnut

phatdoughnut The Gorge Active Member

bubblegumty! That picture is making its rounds on Facebook being claimed that its from a rider who wasn't wearing the proper gear. Lmao

9. Phillyfan

That doesn't look like road rash to me.

10. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I remember seeing this guy who was bit by a black mamba and he recovered but after like two years, the dude still wasn't right.

11. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Good snake = Dead snake

12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

and BBQ snake > dead snake

13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

"I am sorry Bill. She put a Black Mamba in your brother's trailer ...." LOL!

That sure was a great scene when he opened up the red suitcase to retrieve his million bucks for the Hanzo sword.

I consider myself an animal lover - the more I know about people, the more I prefer animals - but I'll pass on this one.

[video=youtube;HHt0ZiaSXo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHt0ZiaSXo4[/video]

14. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I absolutely hate snakes, of any kind. They creep me out, always have.

I grew up in the south, with all of the rattlesnakes, copperheads, and crazy-a$$ water moccasins. Water Moccasins will try to bite you if you get anywhere near them. They don't need a reason.

When I was about 13 I was working for the family of a friend in a field, hauling hay. I nearly stepped on a damn big snake, scared the crap out of me. I went back to the truck and told the big boss man that I'm done. When he asked me why I told him about the snake. He then asked me what shape was it's head. Hell, I don't know what it was. But it's FLAT now.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I did too. Yep, I have been around lots of snakes and the Water Moccasins are the meanest by far. They will come for you and dodge the stuff you throw at them.

Poor guy got lucky, he could have lost his whole foot, life.

16. Phillyfan

I grew up in Alaska and never had to worry about snakes. I'll take the cold winters, small sacrifice.

17. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

for rattlers it's Good snake = Dead snake = dinner plate = good snake dinner

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  18. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Tried it once. If I was starving, I would happily eat it, but it's just creepy to me for some reason...

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

There are no snakes in Hawaii, and that was fine with me when I lived there.

20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You fellas haven't LIVED until you've dealt with the Bushmaster. Good gawd, that's the Devil's snake! The SOB's will go out of their way to get you, and even after a couple of hours of losing their head the evil things can/will still bite and kill you if your dumb enough to play with it. I'll never forget seeing a detached head bite into a stick we poked it with, TWO HOURS LATER! That ain't right.