JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about those, but I've heard of people using two smart phones with Skype, Apple's Facetime, or Google Video Hangout. Of course, you have to trust your shots and figure out how to protect the phone from splatter. :)

I'm looking at these video transmitter recievers that at $50 a piece

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ..._video_transmitter-_-9SIA4Z51UW3803-_-Product

It says they're rated to 800 meters. I'm guessing that if the long range quality is lacking that you could easily beef up the antenna.

I'm think a smartphone or cheap camera could be used downrange. Does anyone have experience building a system like this?

I have that same transceiver pair. They work well. I recall I paid ~$40 through a Chinese marketer ~2 years ago (TMart). You also need a USB video converter, a camera and a power supply.
My camera is a weatherproof unit with zoom and focus, cost ~$70. It connects to the transmitter. I don't use the omnidirectional antennae, but use YAGI instead, which I bought for $15/apiece.

My video to USB converter on the PC side is a EasyCap, which you can get for about $8 now. They aren't the greatest, but do work. PITA setting it up on Windows 7.

With the YAGI, I've taken it 1km but have yet to try farther.

Just attach your target to your drone fly it out to distance hover then when your done shooting it full of holes fly it back. Simple simple.

Did that but instead of hover it moves left to right and back for moving shots. Bundle of fun, just have a long enough line so the quad copter doesn't get shot.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top