Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

longrange camera spotting system on the cheap?

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by lokbot, Jun 11, 2015.

1. lokbot

lokbot Corvallis New Member

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

I don't know about those, but I've heard of people using two smart phones with Skype, Apple's Facetime, or Google Video Hangout. Of course, you have to trust your shots and figure out how to protect the phone from splatter. :)

blackadder likes this.
  3. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

4. P7id10T

P7id10T Cedar Hills Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have that same transceiver pair. They work well. I recall I paid ~$40 through a Chinese marketer ~2 years ago (TMart). You also need a USB video converter, a camera and a power supply.
    My camera is a weatherproof unit with zoom and focus, cost ~$70. It connects to the transmitter. I don't use the omnidirectional antennae, but use YAGI instead, which I bought for $15/apiece.

My video to USB converter on the PC side is a EasyCap, which you can get for about $8 now. They aren't the greatest, but do work. PITA setting it up on Windows 7.

With the YAGI, I've taken it 1km but have yet to try farther.

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just attach your target to your drone fly it out to distance hover then when your done shooting it full of holes fly it back. Simple simple.

oknow likes this.
  6. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Did that but instead of hover it moves left to right and back for moving shots. Bundle of fun, just have a long enough line so the quad copter doesn't get shot.