JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What do you think of the logo design...

• I like it.. It will be better once completed and colored in.

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Ehh... It's ok but the pig freaks me out.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Nope don't like it at all head back to the drawing board.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
So I got the rough draft of my logo and the wife has some concerns about it so I figured I'd toss it up here as a poll and ask for some opinions...

smolkinscott-draft1.jpg

it could use some fine tuning.

1.apple in the pigs mouth.
2.better ears on pig
3.the e in the and the c in scot need work.
4.slightly smaller head on ax, Too distracting.
5.horns on helmet need to be more to side or just get rid of helmet and put a scottish beanie on him.
6.the slogan about haggis needs to be stretched out to one line at the inside bottom of circle.
7 more definition of hand holding sword.

Dang good start though.

Not trying to be too critcal just observing.

I'd give it an A+ if you're mostly focusing on competitions, but would tone down the design a lot if you're going to be using this to advertise catering services outside of that context.

The drawing's fantastic either way, but I'd use far fewer words (and less humor) in a commercial logo - something like The Smokin' Scot - Award-Winning Bar-B-Que would be much more to the point. I'd also remove the clan crest and the 'Making Haggis Better" statement. Rightly or wrongly, haggis does not give most people warm and fuzzy feelings.

All good advice and the reason I posted it up.. I need it to appeal to a broad audience.. The one common theme I am seeing though is that the orange color and the font itself is really hard to read so thats going to be a definite thing that we are going to have to remedy. Please keep the comments and thoughts coming.

Well Rick got the 2nd draft to me on a very busy Hockey and Smoking weekend so I'm just getting around to posting the results of all the great input that I received from all of you... So here is what we came up with...

smokinscott-draft-2a.jpg

The tartan will definitely be my families Ancient Hunting Tartan as it is also what matches my kilt. I will be making some minor tweaks when it comes to the actual coloring of the logo. But all in all I am very pleased with the result.

Well Rick got the 2nd draft to me on a very busy Hockey and Smoking weekend so I'm just getting around to posting the results of all the great input that I received from all of you... So here is what we came up with...

smokinscott-draft-2a.jpg

The tartan will definitely be my families Ancient Hunting Tartan as it is also what matches my kilt. I will be making some minor tweaks when it comes to the actual coloring of the logo. But all in all I am very pleased with the result.

I still think maybe it would look better if the shield was where the Haggis statement is as to not cover the figure and distract too much. Also maybe move the Haggis statement under his feet and place it a little different such as.

"Making Haggis Better"
Since 2008

MUST the Scot have such a perverse expression? He looks like he just buggared an Englishman! Why not make him look happy, and eager to eat his barbeque? For that matter, why not make the pig look like he is asleep and happy to be there?......................elsullo :huh:

LOL... becasue MAYBE he is a MANLY Scotsman and just beat the tar out of an Englishman for stealin' his country, and what pig would sleep through let alone be happy to be on a BBQ spit?

LOL Thanks Stomper.. Originally the pig was going to be skewered with the sword but that idea didnt even make it past the wife and to the artist..

NO ONE ever called me an artist but heres what I was thinking arrangement wise. Dont laugh at my poor computer skills

By the way yes I am bored

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads