JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I asked because a well known AR-15 trainer claims to have 2,500+ jumps. That would require jumping every day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, for 6.8 YEARS. That is a LOT of jumps!

I started jumping when I was 16, overseas on the air base. Back then, we could make 4-5 jumps a day on weekends, and during breaks in school. I guess I'll date myself a little here, but I jumped regularly for 17 years after I started. Back then it was more affordable. In fact the class I attended was only $50, included your first 5 jumps, 2 static line, and 3 free falls. Now, it's like you pay 5x that for your first jump. Just another reason that jump 1500 is taking a while :s0114:

As for 2500, that is quite a few, but I know several people with more. A few are ex-Mil types, some are jump-masters, others are photo/videographers that capture other people's jumps for a living, and some are just regular 'crazies' with more money than brains :s0114: It's like anything else, if its something you really enjoy doing, you will find a way to do it. In my experience with jumping, the LADIES are the ones who seem to really enjoy it more than guys. I know quite a few lady jumpers with anywhere from 5000 to 7500! If you ever run across them, ask them what the thrill is all about for them, you'll be surprised :s0155:

that all depends on the individual. i've seen some hard-core guys buckle at the knees from fear of height, while some little poindexter-type next to him 'barrels out the door w/o giving it a second thought'. the jump master had to pry my fingers off the wing strut, and literally kick me out the door my first jump. but after the canopy opened, i was hooked. I still get weak knees if i have to look out the door and spot the drop zone. But get me out with my 'knees in the breeze', and i'm fine.

interesting though, back then, if you showed me a class of 10 guys/10 gals, after the first jump, i would say that 70% would come back. most of that 70% would be female. ;)

If you haven't done it, and are interested, find a local jump school/drop zone and do a tandem jump with a qualified instructor. you'll pretty much know after that first jump if it's for you or not.

down there in arizona, you should almost be able to jump year round. I know when we were overseas (tropics), we would go out with sweat shirts or whatever on, O2 tanks and respirators, jump at 20-25K and open. sure, it was colder than it was at ground level, but in the tropics you really didn't mind that too much. opening at that altitude, sometimes you could be up there for 45 minutes gliding around, especially if you caught some thermals ;) years later, they turned it into a new sport - paragliding.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top