JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a climber, I would have no problem doing it. I've been a lot higher than that, for sport. The jobs are hard to get- too many un- and/or under-employed climbers out there competing for the few jobs available. My buddy Josh works for a local tower company, and he's only changing a couple bulbs a week... He'd like to supplement with high-angle window-washing, but those jobs are just as hard to snag.

I've wanted to get into legit rope-access (I've done plenty of illegitimate RA work) for years, but it costs a fortune to get certified for the RA end.... THEN you need to be certified in all the areas of work you'll be conducting while accessing those AOs via high-angle ropes. So if you want to advertise RA for bridge inspection, you need to get certified in civil structural inspection too, etc. It's a pain in the nutz.

Thats pretty tragic. Another reason I wouldn't do that for a living, that and I am deathly afraid of heights.

But...hardest part for me when skydiving is looking out the door of the plane to spot the drop zone. Once I'm out, I'm free as a bird.:s0114:

I'm sure there are quite a few. As for a percentage, I couldn't even guess. The sport has been around for decades, and people were jumping with chutes before the sport jumpers started.

Personally, it's been over 20 years since I last jumped (about the time my son was born). I get invited all the time by buddies who jump regularly, and can honestly say, it's hard to say no. But I'll do it again. Maybe do a tandem with my wife, to celebrate 1500 ;) Of course, then she'd probably divorce my butt for scaring the you know what out of her. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top