JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being deprived on one's physical liberty and personal autonomy is arguably a much bigger deprivation of rights than say voting, assembly rights, gun ownership etc. Once the criminally inclined have paid their debt (or maybe been removed from circumstances that would make further cirme more likely upon release) and done their time, they should be released, but it makes sense to not quite trust them for awhile and see how it goes. If given the choice to not be in jail vs. not being able to possess firearms I think chose to I'd kiss firearms goodbye.

Separately, I am frequently shocked at how many people must have felonies and how so many of them can't seem to keep away from guns. Whenever I read about someone getting busted some dumb property or drug dealing crime in the local news and a gun is found during the arrest it almost always seems that one of the charges added on is felon in possession.

The Right to keep and bear arms is an unalienable Right. Nobody is going to let another human being tell them what is acceptable to own when it comes down to protecting their life. I'm amazed that some gun owners side with the left. If someone breaks the law and you can no longer trust them, why not line them up and shoot them? Pardon me, but I don't get it.

We pass a lot of useless and frivolous laws (many have nothing to with guns) and if one gets a record, it is used to deny them a job, house / apartment, credit, and their unalienable Rights. How do you think they're going to survive after prison? Our attitudes are PART of the reason you have recidivism. But, that's beside the point. You talk in terms of how do we trust these people after they've been in prison. You rehabilitate the people when they're in prison. If I had the perfect prison, inmates would come in and I would tell them there are two paths to follow here. You either get with the program OR you spend all your time in an 8 x 10 cell with 30 minutes of outdoor exercise per day. They would get fed three times a week, allowed to shower and shave twice a week, and they would never have coffee, tea, sodas, candy bars, cakes, ice cream, cigarettes (or other tobacco products), and orange juice or milk would only be served on Sundays.

If they pull their head out of their rectum, rehabilitation starts on day one. An inmate's time is controlled 24 / 7 so that they are encouraged to get a G.E.D., some kind of transferable job skills, drug rehabilitation (if applicable), and courses in obtaining credit, getting a house or apartment, job interviewing skills, balancing a checkbook, developing a budget, and developing interpersonal skills. Earning early release time is dependent upon how much of the aforementioned they actually succeed at. Once an inmate is released, they are put in a half way house for six months where they would get a job, make some money, get established and move on with their lives. If they cannot accomplish that, they go back to prison and work on the skills some more.

In the old days people Wyatt Earp, Wild Bill Hickock, and Bat Masterson were gunslingers with criminal records that became sheriffs. So, what are we doing today, trying to create two classes of citizens and punishing people for the rest of their lives over our inability to hunker down and deal with the issues like preventing firearm deaths without gun control and to make sure all freemen retain their unalienable Rights?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top