JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not giving up but only a miracle would stop this turd from passing the Senate. My House Rep suggested he's Voting for it too so I'm writing him again with a more precise letter on the lines of "please explain".

I've heard a few misstatements on exemptions for temporary Transfers.

One example : At a range it is O.K. I think to lend a gun to someone who is, or is not related without a B.G. check.
The unanswered question is, what about an improvised target shooting area in the woods? Temporary transfers legal or not in the woods?

Another: You and a friend load your vehicle with both your guns for a day shooting. You stop at the wal-mart for something and his wife pulls up with their hurt kid and they all quickly take off to the hospital in another car leaving you in possession of his guns temporarily. If the police find you have his guns are you illegal?

Another: You share rent with a buddy who owns several guns. He travels for work. You are the one legally renting the house. When he's away are you breaking the law? What if he's away for an extended time?
Are you breaking the law?

I think I know the answer to these examples. I think you would be breaking the Law. And that would not be what the Senate is trying to do is it? Criminalize honest gun owners?

The list could go on but these are the most ridiculous to me. If they are to you I suggest you write your House Rep and state your honest questions about SB 941. It will be your last chance.

Cut and paste these examples if it's easier or maybe you have your own questions about this turd of a Bill.
Please post other examples here for others to see as well. Please try one more time to stop this or at least lessen the blow.

Not giving up but only a miracle would stop this turd from passing the Senate. My House Rep suggested he's Voting for it too so I'm writing him again with a more precise letter on the lines of "please explain".

I've heard a few misstatements on exemptions for temporary Transfers.

One example : At a range it is O.K. I think to lend a gun to someone who is, or is not related without a B.G. check.
The unanswered question is, what about an improvised target shooting area in the woods? Temporary transfers legal or not in the woods?

Another: You and a friend load your vehicle with both your guns for a day shooting. You stop at the wal-mart for something and his wife pulls up with their hurt kid and they all quickly take off to the hospital in another car leaving you in possession of his guns temporarily. If the police find you have his guns are you illegal?

Another: You share rent with a buddy who owns several guns. He travels for work. You are the one legally renting the house. When he's away are you breaking the law? What if he's away for an extended time?
Are you breaking the law?

I think I know the answer to these examples. I think you would be breaking the Law. And that would not be what the Senate is trying to do is it? Criminalize honest gun owners?

The list could go on but these are the most ridiculous to me. If they are to you I suggest you write your House Rep and state your honest questions about SB 941. It will be your last chance.

Cut and paste these examples if it's easier or maybe you have your own questions about this turd of a Bill.
Please post other examples here for others to see as well. Please try one more time to stop this or at least lessen the blow.

Criminalize honest gun owners?

All you need to do is change the ? to an ! and you have your answer.:mad:

What about Appleseed? I have four boys and one one .22 rifle at home. I was counting on borrowing a few rifles from friends this summer, but I guess since we are not related that would be illegal.

What about Appleseed? I have four boys and one one .22 rifle at home. I was counting on borrowing a few rifles from friends this summer, but I guess since we are not related that would be illegal.

background check for each rifle and another when you give them back

at the tillamook clean up I let several people shoot my Kriss and my 50 beowulf. if this was law I would have committed several felonies.

My sheriff (WaCo) doens' t want it. That should be good enough for my representative. After all, my sheriff is the guy who is dealing with these 'criminals' whom this law is supposed to be directed at. If he doesn't think it is any good, why would anyone?

background check for each rifle and another when you give them back

at the tillamook clean up I let several people shoot my Kriss and my 50 beowulf. if this was law I would have committed several felonies.
Would they be Felonies or Misdemeanors? When calling or writing on specific problems we have with these crap Bills we need to get the language right or just say crimes instead. I think SB945 says a $6,000 + fine and a misdemeanor. Not sure the punishment on SB941. Dammit it's hard to keep track of these asinine Bills, Soon to be Law:mad:
It would have been soooo much easier if more people/gun owners Voted against the Dems last election!

Would they be Felonies or Misdemeanors? When calling or writing on specific problems we have with these crap Bills we need to get the language right or just say crimes instead. I think SB945 says a $6,000 + fine and a misdemeanor. Not sure the punishment on SB941. Dammit it's hard to keep track of these asinine Bills, Soon to be Law:mad:
It would have been soooo much easier if more people/gun owners Voted against the Dems last election!

You are right it would be a misdemeanor. Im getting so frustrated and too emotional about this. Its a good reminder that I make sure I stay level headed and keep the facts straight in this fight.

SB945 also prohibits possession of firearm by person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access
to a firearm for five-year period after conviction.

Anyone know if SB941 can make you get your guns confiscated as well?

They can't prove anything... Carry on with life as usual... The burden of proof lies with them, they have to prove that you committed a crime, you do not need to prove that you didn't commit a crime.

They can't prove anything... Carry on with life as usual... The burden of proof lies with them, they have to prove that you committed a crime, you do not need to prove that you didn't commit a crime.

What, you think you can depend on written law as your defence ?....dont be so sure about that....they do what ever they please, even more so these days, including ignoring the constitution and YOUR uninfringable rights

Not trying to argue, but, i would think at this point, it would be up to YOU to prove that YOU didn't commit a crime. Remember, GUILTY until PROVEN innocent. (tongue in cheek) :) times have/will change. Mean while, in other parts of this nation the Constitution is being walked upon, torn down, and totally ignored by higher up's.

From what I read and understand, first offense is a misdemeanor, second and subsequent are Felonies - eliminating your gun rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top