Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Life under SB 941 in simple language

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by OLDNEWBIE, Apr 1, 2015.

1. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Not giving up but only a miracle would stop this turd from passing the Senate. My House Rep suggested he's Voting for it too so I'm writing him again with a more precise letter on the lines of "please explain".

I've heard a few misstatements on exemptions for temporary Transfers.

One example : At a range it is O.K. I think to lend a gun to someone who is, or is not related without a B.G. check.
    The unanswered question is, what about an improvised target shooting area in the woods? Temporary transfers legal or not in the woods?

Another: You and a friend load your vehicle with both your guns for a day shooting. You stop at the wal-mart for something and his wife pulls up with their hurt kid and they all quickly take off to the hospital in another car leaving you in possession of his guns temporarily. If the police find you have his guns are you illegal?

Another: You share rent with a buddy who owns several guns. He travels for work. You are the one legally renting the house. When he's away are you breaking the law? What if he's away for an extended time?
    Are you breaking the law?

I think I know the answer to these examples. I think you would be breaking the Law. And that would not be what the Senate is trying to do is it? Criminalize honest gun owners?

The list could go on but these are the most ridiculous to me. If they are to you I suggest you write your House Rep and state your honest questions about SB 941. It will be your last chance.

Cut and paste these examples if it's easier or maybe you have your own questions about this turd of a Bill.
    Please post other examples here for others to see as well. Please try one more time to stop this or at least lessen the blow.

Slobray and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Criminalize honest gun owners?

All you need to do is change the ? to an ! and you have your answer.:mad:

stascom, Slobray and Dyjital like this.
  3. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

I just finished emailing every state senator urging them to vote "No". Fingers are crossed.

hker71, Slobray and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  4. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Criminals are not concerned about these issues. Seems pretty simple to understand.

hker71 likes this.
  5. OLDNEWBIE

Don't forget the House!

6. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Copy/Paste to the rescue.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  7. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's still in committee, no? Might not ever get voted on.

8. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Well, I guess if Ginny and Floyd die in their sleep tonight, it's possible it won't make it out of committee. Not holding my breath though.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  9. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

What about Appleseed? I have four boys and one one .22 rifle at home. I was counting on borrowing a few rifles from friends this summer, but I guess since we are not related that would be illegal.

10. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

background check for each rifle and another when you give them back

at the tillamook clean up I let several people shoot my Kriss and my 50 beowulf. if this was law I would have committed several felonies.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  11. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

My sheriff (WaCo) doens' t want it. That should be good enough for my representative. After all, my sheriff is the guy who is dealing with these 'criminals' whom this law is supposed to be directed at. If he doesn't think it is any good, why would anyone?

12. OLDNEWBIE

Would they be Felonies or Misdemeanors? When calling or writing on specific problems we have with these crap Bills we need to get the language right or just say crimes instead. I think SB945 says a $6,000 + fine and a misdemeanor. Not sure the punishment on SB941. Dammit it's hard to keep track of these asinine Bills, Soon to be Law:mad:
    It would have been soooo much easier if more people/gun owners Voted against the Dems last election!

jim97701 likes this.
  13. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You are right it would be a misdemeanor. Im getting so frustrated and too emotional about this. Its a good reminder that I make sure I stay level headed and keep the facts straight in this fight.

14. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You're not the only one - there are a lot of us out here doing the same :mad:

15. OLDNEWBIE

SB945 also prohibits possession of firearm by person convicted of endangering a minor by allowing access
    to a firearm for five-year period after conviction.

Anyone know if SB941 can make you get your guns confiscated as well?

16. solv3nt

solv3nt Portland Well-Known Member

They can't prove anything... Carry on with life as usual... The burden of proof lies with them, they have to prove that you committed a crime, you do not need to prove that you didn't commit a crime.

rick benjamin likes this.
  17. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

They can't prove anything... Carry on with life as usual... The burden of proof lies with them, they have to prove that you committed a crime, you do not need to prove that you didn't commit a crime.

What, you think you can depend on written law as your defence ?....dont be so sure about that....they do what ever they please, even more so these days, including ignoring the constitution and YOUR uninfringable rights

BDA.45 likes this.
  18. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

Not trying to argue, but, i would think at this point, it would be up to YOU to prove that YOU didn't commit a crime. Remember, GUILTY until PROVEN innocent. (tongue in cheek) :) times have/will change. Mean while, in other parts of this nation the Constitution is being walked upon, torn down, and totally ignored by higher up's.

BDA.45 and bluesurf like this.
  19. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

From what I read and understand, first offense is a misdemeanor, second and subsequent are Felonies - eliminating your gun rights.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  20. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I think there will be passive-agressive resistance.
    Law enforcers of this issue may re-consider enforcement.