JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unless it's completely blatant, ie. you purchase a new gun, and transfer it without a BG, they can't prove anything. The local police receive a copy of the form 4473 when you make a purchase, and I'd bet that the State Police do not delete firearm records like they're supposed to.

I notice that only the seller is fined/charged. The buyer is not mentioned, I believe it is because a felon would not have to since he has a constitutional right to not incriminate himself by registering and admitting he broke the law against felons possessing a firearm. Same applies to mandatory registration of firearms.

Maybe if the public understood that the penalty does not apply to a felon we could gain some support

Suddenly all firearms purchased before 4-6-2015 went up 25% in value... overnight..

I notice that only the seller is fined/charged. The buyer is not mentioned, I believe it is because a felon would not have to since he has a constitutional right to not incriminate himself by registering and admitting he broke the law against felons possessing a firearm. Same applies to mandatory registration of firearms.

Maybe if the public understood that the penalty does not apply to a felon we could gain some support

I would think that the purchaser falsifying information on the form wold be covered by another statute, but not sure. The question then, is it a crime for a felon to attempt to purchase a gun?

Perhaps the daily email to the committee members today should include "No to the felon/prohibited persons protection law".

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a sheriff or other LEO agency that would push to prosecute any of the situations you describe.

Having said that, I'd sure hate to be the test case......what a mess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top