JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the powders that seems to be more available lately is Leverevolution. Hodgdon doesn't list any 223 data for it but many claim it behaves similiar to CFE223 in the 223/5.56 cartridge. Has anybody tried the Leverevolution powder in 223/5.56 loads. This guy tried it and it seemed to work well with 77gr bullets.

Skip to 12:30 mark to see him shooting the Leverevolution loads.

I'd be interested in experiences you've had with loading Leverevolution in 308 Win, 224 Valkyrie or other cartridges Hodgdon hasn't provided data for.

Tinfoil hat time: I am wondering if some agreement Hodgdon has with Hornady is preventing Hodgdon from publishing data for other cartridges using Leverevolution or is the powder unsafe in the unpublished cartridges?

Interested in this powder myself, I bought a pound awhile back to experiment with in the 6.5 Grendel, but sold the Grendel and now it sits on the shelf. All I have left in rifles is .223/5.56 and 6.5 Creedmoor, it'd be nice if I could use it on one or the other. Later.

Dave

Interested in this powder myself, I bought a pound awhile back to experiment with in the 6.5 Grendel, but sold the Grendel and now it sits on the shelf. All I have left in rifles is .223/5.56 and 6.5 Creedmoor, it'd be nice if I could use it on one or the other. Later.

Dave
It seems odd that this powder has such a limited amount of cartridges with published data.

Not really. It's market is specifically for lever action rifles, Hodgdon has plenty of other offerings for the remainder of centerfire rifle cartridges on the market.
Data is listed for 224 Valkyrie, not exactly a popular lever gun cartridge? How many other powders are tied to an ammo manufactures name and mostly target a specific type of firearms action? Leverevolution seems to stand alone in that world.

Data is listed for 224 Valkyrie, not exactly a popular lever gun cartridge? How many other powders are tied to an ammo manufactures name and mostly target a specific type of firearms action? Leverevolution seems to stand alone in that world.
I don't have the answer for ya. Just based on what it was made for, I wouldn't expect them to list anything outside of common lever action rounds. 224 Valkyrie does seem weirdly out of bounds if it is listed by Hodgdon. I wonder if whoever creates load data for them has a personal thing for 224V and decided to do some development with it...just 'cause he can? Who knows.

Maybe a job for QuickLoad?
I'd look for old threads where someone was nice enough to query theirs for others here.
Maybe they'd do it again if asked.

@arakboss , I have a few lbs of it, if you don't have any, I'm glad to give you some to try and post your results.
I've never considered it for 223 because it's so slow and I have plenty in the heavy 223 range.
Thanks for the offer but I am pretty sure I have a pound buried in my stashes somewhere. I was more curious for others sake since this powder has been easier to find lately. I will try loading some in 5.56 one of these years but I have other projects that will come first.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top