JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a bad idea considering the hypocrisy that the most popular brand of 22 rifle ever sold in this country is now classified by the state of Oregon as an "assault weapon". Maybe when even the leftys read about that they could see the sheer stupidity in this whole thing.

I wrote once.
Don't recommend the experience if your views are counter to Oregonian's.
They edited mine, even down to parts of sentences in order displace context and change meanings, added a bigoted title to it, then place six other dripping liberal and counter opinions, all around it as if to prove I have a singular opine, and they have a consensus.
Thank you for fair and unbiased.

You may fare better, but I'll not feed the dirty dog again.

How do I write a letter to the editor or submit a commentary to The Oregonian?

Has anyone tried this? Would anyone be open to collaborate on something like this?

I know it is a long shot considering we are submitting to a left leaning paper, but it would go a long way if we could present our side of the story on Initiative 43.

Additionally, it might be worth while submitting to the small local papers.

I agree with Thorborg. Not only will they make you look bad, they will also allow each and every liberal lefty respondent to skewer you with ad hominum attacks. Not fun. I think a better strategy is to support the counter attack initiative proposed by Jo Rae Perkins.

I think writing a letter to the editor or an opinion piece in the Oregonian would be a very good idea. According to Wikipedia they have a daily circulation of 140,000, and 170,000 on Sunday. That's a lot of good coverage.
The Oregonian - Wikipedia

I think if it is well written, you have a fair chance for it to be published. You do need to proof read it - let someone else take a look also - might post it on this website for others to give ideas, point out errors, etc.

Before you send it off, read every word very carefully looking for errors. Send it to me and I'll proof read it - not that I'm an expert by any means.

I'd also write letters to newspapers in other Oregon towns as well.

Last Edited:
You might write a rebuttal to today's daily assault on freedom in the Oregonian.
A safe and reasonable path to gun ownership: Guest opinion

Looking at the photo, it appears the shooter doesn't have the bolt forward. The writer probably thinks that bolt action rifle is harmless because it's not an "assault rifle" - at least not until you assault someone with it.

Yes, Rights should be regulated. There should be a standard set. Say, you want to have a child but you make less than $100k per year. Well, why should the state be obligated to help if you made a dangerous choice? Your Right to have a child, denied. What if Trump actually does everything the left says he will? But any opposition speak had to be submitted to the FBI before being published. By the logic of the article, why not? It not like a Right holds any actual meaning. The state holds the ultimate Right. It's must be what America is founded on.

I can't believe how supposed educated people can't comprehend what the basic points of America is. It's bad enough they waist their own freedom. They are dead set on wasting yours as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top