JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the different cal designation was done to ease things for sales, especially because the "fear" of offering a former adversaries cambering just after the war might sour buyers from purchasing it! Good question! I have seen many Rugers offered in Jeffrys, Holland & Holland, Mauser, and others, So I can only speculate on why the Brit designation for that one, maybe it was done to appeal to European hunters?

I did not figure I needed any more, but when this M77 International chambered in .275 Rigby presented itself, I could not resist.:cool:

Although less figure than most of my fence boards, the stock is quite gorgeous. The checkering is very well executed. Even the trigger is nice enough that I will never address it further.
e1e3858d-978f-4d93-a0b1-ba557a75f259_zpsbbcywr0r.jpg

P1040329_zpss8vb0q9t.jpg

P1040330_zpsiti4ukwf.jpg

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
went to my range and finally shot my two newest rifles. the 243 is the blued and the stainless is a 270. First time shooting a 243 and man was it fun. 40 rounds went WAY to fast. and thanks to orygun for the rings! worked out great.

IMG_20170512_174123685.jpg

I just picked up an early 70s m77 in 30-06. Pretty rough but the rifling is practically new. I was surprised when I loaded the magazine I could stuff 5 rounds in it. I think I found my new hunting partner. lol. Pictures coming soon.

I'm pretty excited to shoot it. I scored a brand new in the box leupold vx1 2-7 at the clark county square dance center gun show today that'll look good on the rifle. Just in time to go kill some grouse with it.

Yeah came with an older Swift 4-12. Never heard of swift scopes but its pretty clear. I'll switch it out for a leupold at some point.

I/we have Leupolds an almost everything we own, but I'd leave well enough alone. That Swift should work very well unless you decided you want more magnification.

I/we have Leupolds an almost everything we own, but I'd leave well enough alone. That Swift should work very well unless you decided you want more magnification.
Switched out it for a vx1 this morning. Leupolds have always been my go too. And the swift wasn't very clear especially with the over cast for some reason? Old scope I'm guessing.