JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would assume you are wanting to know about recoil. I took this into account when I spec'd it out. I used weight (primarily barrel and stock fill) to minimize recoil when I was having her built. She is not light weight by any standard, which makes it somewhat enjoyable to shoot.
The barrel is a Bartlein 26" long with a muzzle diameter of 1" and IIRC its 1.30 at the recoil lug.
She gets a healthy dose of 190gr Black Hills and Federal Match and 210 berger VLD Handloads when I shoot her. to me they don't recoil as much as equivalent grain hunting ammo.
hope that answered your question.

I would assume you are wanting to know about recoil. I took this into account when I spec'd it out. I used weight (primarily barrel and stock fill) to minimize recoil when I was having her built. She is not light weight by any standard, which makes it somewhat enjoyable to shoot.
The barrel is a Bartlein 26" long with a muzzle diameter of 1" and IIRC its 1.30 at the recoil lug.
She gets a healthy dose of 190gr Black Hills and Federal Match and 210 berger VLD Handloads when I shoot her. to me they don't recoil as much as equivalent grain hunting ammo.
hope that answered your question.
I have a bartlein on mine but its the Remington Varmint Sendero contour. .83 at the muzzle. Its a 1:10 and Ive only got 500 through it but I started shooting 230 Berger hybrids and Im switching to there 1:9 twist. Im actually dropping it off tomorrow to get chambered. I got another bartlein of course but I went with a straight taper #9 taper this time (28" long, 1.25 at the lug .9 at the muzzle) . After the chop it will be about 1" at the muzzle. Luckily the back end of my brake is over an inch in diameter so Ill still be able to use it. Im stoked to shoot the 230's through a stiffer barrel and more stable twist., Im still getting .5 with the 1:10 but this new barrel will shoot better for sure. Im putting a way thicker lug on it too..

that sounds like a nice rig. mine is also a straight taper. I remember when Karl got my barrel in he was cracking jokes about it saying he received my truck axle. I thought about a brake in hindsight but when I do my part with solid fundamentals and shooting position the muzzle hop isn't that bad nor is the recoil. The barrel is also a 1:10 twist. The recoil lug I used is beefy as well as double pinned in place. I just didn't want nothing coming loose under recoil over time
it would be fun to get together over a weekend somewhere central and shoot all the rigs we have.

IMG_1104.JPG

Remington 700 5R 308 with 20" threaded barrel
AICS stock
PWS FSC muzzle brake
Timney trigger
Vortex Razor Gen I

that sounds like a nice rig. mine is also a straight taper. I remember when Karl got my barrel in he was cracking jokes about it saying he received my truck axle. I thought about a brake in hindsight but when I do my part with solid fundamentals and shooting position the muzzle hop isn't that bad nor is the recoil. The barrel is also a 1:10 twist. The recoil lug I used is beefy as well as double pinned in place. I just didn't want nothing coming loose under recoil over time
it would be fun to get together over a weekend somewhere central and shoot all the rigs we have.
Hey u know what?? Thats a great Idea. I have a 800 yard spot off rt 6 in tillamook. We should organize a shoot day...

Far:
308 SPS Tactical 20" heavy barrel, Threaded by Velzey
Magpul stock
Vortex Viper HS-T
Leupold base & rings
X-Mark Pro trigger @ 2.5lbs

Near:
.223 SPS Tactical 20" heavy barrel,
Soon to be threaded (I hope)
HS Precision carbon fiber stock
Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 standard reticle
Leupold base & rings
X-Mark Pro trigger @ 2.5lbs

1A7E20A4-23DB-4FA1-9D88-4B6DA3828C04.jpeg

r700.jpg
SPS Tactical AAC-SD
AICS 2.0
Timney 510
Harris (forget which model) Bi-pod
Vortex Viper PST 4x16 FFP EBR-1 MRAD - Illuminated
Seekins Precision Short Action 20 MOA base
Seekins Percision Low rings

Very nice! I am seriously considering a KRG chassis for my 7mm LR. What did you have to do the the Magpul mags for make them fit?
Had to epoxy a rail to the front of the mags for spacing. Your can see it on the front of the mag in the pic. I started this one out with a 300 win mag and it was more than I needed. 7mm would be a great round for one of these.
The mags are the AICS magpuls.
PMAG® 5 AC™ L, Standard – AICS Long Action

Last Edited:
Had to epoxy a rail to the front of the mags for spacing. Your can see it on the front of the mag in the pic. I started this one out with a 300 win mag and it was more than I needed. 7mm would be a great round for one of these.
The mags are the AICS magpuls.
PMAG® 5 AC™ L, Standard – AICS Long Action

Doesn't KRG make a spacer so you can run those mags with out mods? If I am reading their site correctly the long action chassis are designed for the 338 Lapua sized mags but the short mags work with the spacer.

Quote from their site.....

"**The gen 5 Remington 700 long action chassis now takes AICS CIP length magazines. It can accept the shorter .AICS long action magazines with our Spigot Filler/Mag Spacer block available in the "Accessories" section."

This little part here.

Spigot Filler/Mag Spacer | Kinetic Research Group

Now that I type all that out, I wonder are the non magnum AICS PMAGs even shorter than the magnum version so the mag spacer block is not enough to make them work?

I hadn't seen those spacers. I might have to get one and see how it does. The AICS mag i was using for the 300 WM was the lapua version. Had to bend the top in to hold the 300's. When I switched to the 25/06 they wouldn't work so I got the magpuls.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top