JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stoeger Cougar!!!! Comes in 9mm, 40s&w and 45acp, can be had for 400 brand new!!! Kinda funny at the local Wholesale Sports they had the Stoeger version on the wall for 399.99 and the Beretta version for 530!!! Hard choice there........

Anybody have a really concealable 45 that they would like to recommend. I just don't feel right about all of the 380's even though I am a huge fan of "shot placement" and carry my old PPKS.

If you have a 45 for concealed carry, not a full size like I have carried in the past, let me know how you like it.

I carry a 4.25" 1911 every day.

Seriously thank you for that one. The guns are being made with the same machines that made the Berettas and they are solid great shooting guns. I love a metal frame and the cougar is hard to beat at the price. I would never buy the Beretta version. I have shot them both and the Stoeger is every bit the gun the 550 dollar one is.

Stoeger Cougar!!!! Comes in 9mm, 40s&w and 45acp, can be had for 400 brand new!!! Kinda funny at the local Wholesale Sports they had the Stoeger version on the wall for 399.99 and the Beretta version for 530!!! Hard choice there........

111SSP_12_01.jpg

111SSP_12_01.jpg

I have a Tristar C-100 9mm, a clone of the CZ-75 Compact made by Canik55 in Turkey. It's an amazingly well machined, accurate, and flawless gun that's alloy framed and every bit as good as the CZ-75B I had. And all for $360. The Turkish arms industry is putting out excellent guns, like the Stoeger Cougar mentioned earlier.

Sent from my KF HD using Tapatalk 2

There are many dependable cheap weapons as was the point of the thread. If you are a sane capable citizen you owe it to your neighbor and those that are helpless to be able to protect them given a situation that the police are nowhere around. I would protect your family with my carry piece if need be. The more that would the less balsy the criminal would be if it became well known that a large amount of plain clothes citizens may be carrying a piece and may be willing to take them down when they put peole in harms way. Having a wife and kids I would feel better knowing the classes for concealed training where all full and the average person was prepared to help my family just as I now would do for yours.

If you are a sane capable citizen you owe it to your neighbor and those that are helpless to be able to protect them given a situation that the police are nowhere around.

According to who, you? Pretty sure you dont' get to decide who owe's whom what. None of us owe it to anyone to protect them. It's everyones own responsibility to protect themselves.

My EDC is a Bersa .380. I love mine - shoots nice and has a smooth trigger. They are well made and inexpensive.

For a full size you really can't go wrong with a Ruger P95. Also very well made and inexpensive.

According to our forefathers. Not me. Anyone able bodied should protect against threats foreign and domestic. I agree with them. You have a choice to not agree with a society that protects and cares for one another. I however would step in to protect against a domestic threat if I was able and it meant that people that are not able could be saved. I happen to agree with the people that fought for our country to be free. Nowhere did they say you have the right to cower and run when women/men and children are in danger and you could stop it. You do however have that right and by all means use it.

According to who, you? Pretty sure you dont' get to decide who owe's whom what. None of us owe it to anyone to protect them. It's everyones own responsibility to protect themselves.

According to our forefathers. Not me. Anyone able bodied should protect against threats foreign and domestic. I agree with them. You have a choice to not agree with a society that protects and cares for one another. I however would step in to protect against a domestic threat if I was able and it meant that people that are not able could be saved. I happen to agree with the people that fought for our country to be free. Nowhere did they say you have the right to cower and run when women/men and children are in danger and you could stop it. You do however have that right and by all means use it.

Our forefathers said you OWE it to protect your neighbors from rapists, home invasions, etc? Get real, you are trying to turn the "against enemies foreign and domestic" which was referring to governments into an argument for your ridiculous post about how we owe it to everyone to protect them.

I suppose we also owe it to pay their heating bill, gas their cars up, and pay their mortgage too? Why stop at protecting them?

Here is an idea: everyone be responsible for themselves, including education, protection, etc. Hit the bubbleguming gym, learn self defense techniques, buy, learn to use and carry a gun. It's not up to anyone to risk their own lives and that of their families, let alone expose themselves to possible jail time and civil litgiation to protect their neighbors. :rolleyes:

My last post was typed quickly and without a lot of thought out of annoyance. My point is simply that I would help an inoccent person/s if the situation called for it rather than thinking about how does it affect me. I would think about the familys and children that could not defend against a crazed person. If I could help I would. If you could and chose to not then you have to live with knowing that you made the choice to allow someones wife, child, father or whomever to die because you protect yourself and the person is just not shooting at you so you have no reason to see them as a threat. We have different takes on domestic threats. I do not think someone has to be from another country to be a threat. They can be from the apartment down the street.

You got a gun clearly to protect yourself. Do so and be safe. If your family was in danger I would put myself in danger to help them. You can feel different and have every right to do so. I am not posting a debate but rather my opinion.

I like the Bersa. It is one of the best priced quality compact carry guns out there. And again I will never get rid of my Ruger P95 that was my first 9mm. I still love shooting it. My wife likes to carry it when she is using a big purse because she learned to shoot with it. I would hate to be the guy to mug her. She is deadly with a mag full of critical defense and walks around in sketch places with her hand on the grip in her purse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top