JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After that would come incestuous marriages and plural marriages because, after all; we cannot discriminate based on choice of lifestyle! :D

I will go to Starbucks on the 14th though and, I will tell them exactly why I am there!

In truth, Starbucks didn't voice support of the 2A, gun ownership, concealed or open carry. They said they would not impose any arbitrary rule of firearms in excess of what local laws regulate. Starbucks is playing Switzerland with respect to the gun debate.

I'll still go buy a coffee and one of those frapawhatevers for the wife on the 14th, an will probably pay with a $20.

After that would come incestuous marriages and plural marriages because, after all; we cannot discriminate based on choice of lifestyle! :D

After WWII there was no place in the US where my wife and I could legally marry - because we are different races. That was just "the natural order of things" and "God's will" or whatever. The last of those anti-miscegenation laws wasn't repealed until the mid-Seventies.

The arguments then were the same as what I hear now: destruction of family, opening the door to bestiality and child abuse, violation of God's law. But then - as now - it's just a thin veneer over discrimination and xenophobia. That's all it ever was.

In truth, Starbucks didn't voice support of the 2A, gun ownership, concealed or open carry. They said they would not impose any arbitrary rule of firearms in excess of what local laws regulate. Starbucks is playing Switzerland with respect to the gun debate.

I'll still go buy a coffee and one of those frapawhatevers for the wife on the 14th, an will probably pay with a $20.

Well it will definitely take more than "a" 2 dollar bill

And it's frapa chino or fapachinno? I always get those 2 mixed up

I believe we will need at least 3 more threads on this matter also.

Big difference.... but that isn't for this thread

You sort of opened the door to the topic when you stated that your reason for not patronizing Starbucks was their support of gay marriage.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but when you share your opinion then other people are entitled to share theirs also.

So when someone tries to infringe on my right to keep guns in my home, it's "a horrendous infringement of personal liberty"; but when someone tries to infringe on the right of two people to have a loving relationship, it's "morally right"? When someone tries to infringe on my ability to carry a gun to protect myself, it's "treading on my right to freedom", but when they try to prevent two people who love each other from having the same legal benefits as other couples, it's a massive affront to decency?

I call liberals out for their hypocracy in supporting free speech, marriage equality, etc, while frowning on gun rights - so I'm going to call out the same hypocracy here. My carrying a gun doesn't infringe on any of YOUR rights, and neither does my friend and his boyfriend marrying each other.

(For the record, I'm actually a proponent of removing the word "marriage" from government altogether. Make *EVERYONE* get a "civil union", and leave "marriage" to the church.)

Government has no business involving itself in marriage. It has done so in order to enable and define certain benefits extended by insurance companies, hospitals, The Social Security Administration, the Federal housing authority...you name it.

I agree....leave marriage to the Church and let people form a leagal civil union with whom ever and as many as they want. Can you imagine what a multiple relationship (Union) would do to the inheritance laws...:D

If the relationship is by mutual consent and enduring (long term) then why recognize it for what it is, a union; legally. I will always contend there should be no descrimination against personal lifestyle and free choice.

I agree with the comments. I especially agree with dune runner. If you look at it pragmatically, there really is no marriage outside the Church. All of the named "marriages" are really only civil unions. I also agree no nobody should infringe on two peoples right to be together and get a civil union. My problem is when a coffee company goes out if it's ways to public ally announce it supports the gay "marriage" bill in Washington.

Coffee companies should do- coffee, not politics. See, when we go to Starbucks and give them four dollars for a frufachino, we are also funding that company to make coffee AND political statements like this. For me, I buy coffee from coffee companies, not from the STARBUCKS Political Action Committee. My .02.

Hey Guys,

I go to Starbucks and just about everytime I go I ask to talk to the lead or manager on duty and tell them thanks for not being swayed by the anti-guns. Starbucks has stated they don't care and that they don't want to be at the center of this controversy. While my girls and I were getting a drink I talked to them today and told them thanks for their stance on gun control. As I talked I asked them if they knew anything about what is happening on valentines day, this store had no clue. But as I was talking the girl ringing me up behind the counter (I was not carrying openly) was listening very closely and I said that they will probably see a couple of people open carrying on the 14th and told her that it was indeed legal. She seemed very surprised and shocked almost worried, I reassured her that all would be ok and it was legal and not to worry.

So I just want to say to those of you that may patron a Starbuck while carrying openly I support you in that and thank you for supporting the 2nd ammendment.

But I would also ask that you be presentable, and polite.....no overly polite. We do not need this to turn into something that can be used against us.

Thanks guys:s0155:

I plan on going to Starbucks on the 14th with a new friend. She has never shot a gun so we are gonna meet and talk about it and here in a few weeks I am taking her shooting for the first time. If I can find some 2 dollar bills I will use that to pay for my coffee and I will write on the bill what I paid for and why lol.... as far as gay marriages go.... I could care less. I have more important concerns such as the drones flying over American air space and or the NDAA. This whole gay marriage thing is just another distraction. I could care less and I don't give a flying F about the same sex wanting to be together..... good for them. Who are we to tell them who they can and can't be with? shouldn't we be more concerned with the hungry and the homeless? or education system? oh and maybe the fluoride in the water.... Just to name a few I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top