JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The email is written to exclude smart people. An intelligent person will see the errors and recognize it as a scam and not spend more time on it.

Now the simpleton will read it and fall for it because they are easily duped. This is the scanners target audience.

It's a filtering process that happens without the input of the scammer.

Looks like this same message has been going around quite a while. :eek:

Armslist Scam? Si or no?
Buyer: I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a certified cashier check which will be mailed to you via USPS 2-3 working days delivery or Fedex next day delivery, So you ll have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=693916
"Hello,
I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a certified cashier check which will be mailed to you via USPS 2-3 working days delivery, So you ll have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Armslist scammers must be getting called to battle!
Buyer: I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a certified cashier check which will be mailed to you via USPS 2-3 working days delivery or Fedex next day delivery, So you ll have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

To be clear this is not an NWFA member. This a response to an ad I have on AL...

Hello,
I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from my current post thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a cashier check which will be mailed to you via Fedex air next working days delivery, So you will have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check
Full address to receive the check
Mobile number
Final asking price of the Gun.

What do you think? legit buyer? :s0125:

Is there a way to report clowns jokers like this I wonder.

I replied to one of these bozos, over a year ago. Yep, as promised, I was sent a cashiers check...for $1500 over what I was asking!
I checked the return address on the envelope...nope, the addressee knew nothing about the deal.
I checked the return address on the check (different than on the envelope...surprise, surprise) and they knew nothing, either.
Needless to say, I didn't send the item, nor did I return the bogus check (but I did, recently, send it to the shredder).

I replied to one of these bozos, over a year ago. Yep, as promised, I was sent a cashiers check...for $1500 over what I was asking!
I checked the return address on the envelope...nope, the addressee knew nothing about the deal.
I checked the return address on the check (different than on the envelope...surprise, surprise) and they knew nothing, either.
Needless to say, I didn't send the item, nor did I return the bogus check (but I did, recently, send it to the shredder).
You should have raided the cats litter box and sent them a flat rate box filled with "kitty roca" along with the shredded check.

my latest run in with scammers was this afternoon. every 5-10 minutes the same number called saying somebody was trying to access my apple cloud and I needed to speak with a rep before I used my apple device... and to press 1 for a rep. or 2 to hang up. I tried pressing 2 first, but 5 minutes later they called back... every time I pressed 1 it was a different persian accented person... and when I'd ask them to prove they were were actually with apple and not scamming they would first try some bs line, but when I didn't buy it they'd say "OK when your device malfunctions you can take it to an apple store and theyll fix it for you then" and hang up.. I was irritated at first but then I realized it was a perfect opertunity to vent, and I started verbally abusing them with no worry of repercussions... It was liberating! Each caller a new victim... I'd lead them on pretending I believed them at first then Id start passive aggressively clawing at them then working my way up to full on ear assault! until I grew board and blocked the number... seriously every 5-10 minutes until I blocked them! pesky persistent Persian people!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top