JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If he can english at all...I'm thinking translation software.

I was national sales director at a environmental product manufacturing company about 8 years ago. We were going to implement some CRM software and I had already made a choice but the owners had to see at least 3 different choices. I had them all in the conference room, I brought up the US cloud based company I want to use, on video chat. Talked to the sales guy and support. Went well.

Brought the other two up on chat, no video capabilities, and they were a download / CD anyway and the support was in India or somewhere. I had support on chat, asked them a couple questions, which took a bit to answer. Translation software. To make my point about the problems this was going to cause, I typed in " The blue dog licks his balls in a 57 Chevy. "

2 minutes went by and the answer comes back " Please restate your question, please now for sir. " So I typed in again, " The moron dude sale director says you suck a peacocks azz. " I had the execs rolling on the table by then, and I had made my point and got my choice. He came back with same request and I just dumped them out at that point. I kind of set them up a bit, but you do what you have to do to get it done.

What a pain the azz that translation software is.

To be clear this is not an NWFA member. This a response to an ad I have on AL...

Hello,
I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from my current post thats the reason i wont be able to meet to see it but i can contact my FFL holder and can you give me the contact info of you as the person i am about to purchase the firearm from? I can email msg a copy of my FFL for verification if you want. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a cashier check which will be mailed to you via Fedex air next working days delivery, So you will have to ship to my FFL once the check is cleared. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check
Full address to receive the check
Mobile number
Final asking price of the Gun.

What do you think? legit buyer? :s0125:

Is there a way to report clowns like this I wonder.

Meh.... what could POSSIBLY go wrong?! :s0112:

There is nothing wrong with a transaction where you get to wait for the funds to clear. This process, run by the ever efficient Helen Wait, could take weeks if not months. When you need to get it done go to Helen Wait!

And didn't the asking price just double?
I'll just consult the law offices of Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe to make sure it's all above board.

:D But to be serious I normally don't reply after that kind of response on armslist. Normally people I end up selling the gun to leaves a phone number in the reply request.

I had a buyer like that once. I lead him on for about 4 or 5 email exchanges. He thought he had me on the hook. Finally I told him to come to my door with cash, show me his ID (pre 594) and we'd deal. He had no response.:D

You could contact your local LE and see if they want to play it out and maybe grab a receiving address.

They don't bother with small stuff like this. I wouldn't either. There are thousands of scams like this every day. Most get sent out by bots and are not handled by humans until far down the process after they have hooked a live one. If they send out a million emails/etc. it costs them almost nothing, and when they hook one out of a million then they make their money.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top