JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here you go. I copied this from another forum:

Washington State recently changed it's laws on automatic knives (this includes both side and OTF ones). Previously, Washington had an outright ban, even ownership, of all "spring blade knives" but failed provide a definition. The new law was pressed by KnifeRights, and while it is not as permissive as they would have liked, it does improve things a bit. The new law does two things:
1. It actually defines "spring blade knife." In effect, the definition includes true switchblades, gravity knives, and butterfly knives, but does not include Assisted Opening knives. The butterfly knife part is sort of debatable because they require "physical exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm," but cops lets face it are going to get bent out of shape about them due to the stigma and probably will force the matter to a court to decide. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.250)
2. It allows manufacturer and possession of spring blade knives by police, fire/rescue and members of the United States military when on official duty. If you are not one of the above, it is still illegal to even own them. (http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.251)

My carry knife is an HK 3 1/2 inch blade. I'm not, sure but I think it's called an assisted opening knife. It acts like an automatic knife to me as in my arthritic hands it takes no effort to open and does not require flicking or wrist action. A lot of money, but I can no longer manipulate my fingers like I use to and this takes me micro seconds to deploy.
It has a sliding tab you push with your thumb and the blade shoots out the end and locks. Pull the tab and it shoots back in and locks. you can hold it an inch from your hand when opening but will not do any damage albeit I keep it literally razor sharp so the tip will pin prick. I bought it maybe four years ago from now gone Excalibur cutlery in Washing Square who told me it was legal in Oregon.
That said; I went in to a Federal building down town Portland to buy some BLM maps and had to empty pockets like any Federal building. I forgot about the knife. To my horror, they kept the knife, but wasn't sure if it was illegal and said they would to call it in. I went about my business and when I returned four federal employees were playing with it and thought it was cool but said it was not illegal so gave it back to me. WHEW!It was nearly hot from all the openings and closings.
Unless our laws have changed since I bought it, Oregon must have different laws than Washington.
Though initially at a price that was hard to swallow, it ended up being the best value for my money I've had in a long time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top