JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Near my house we had a fifth wheel go up in flames last summer during the fire bans. It was in late August.
It burned down to the frame.

Last summer in another location near my home on Foster Rd SE, 3 RV's went up in flames. Separate incidents. 2 of them burned down the overhead power and cable lines.

3-4 weeks ago i pulled up on a RV on 122nd and Kelly St SE that was just starting. That thing went up like a dry Christmas tree.

So it is indeed a thing, pretty common from my observations.
Ah, yeah. Go up to NE 33rd Drive. They did a bit of cleaning up there. Got them out of the dirt and on the road side. If you went back a year you'd see evidence of two or three burned out RVs.

Ah, yeah. Go up to NE 33rd Drive. They did a bit of cleaning up there. Got them out of the dirt and on the road side. If you went back a year you'd see evidence of two or three burned out RVs.

I worked out in that area for years.

I am well aware of the nastiness in that part of town.
It really is a shame.
The company i worked for had grown so much that they bought couple of containers to store stuff in. Totally locked up and secure. Behind a fence topped with razor wire. The chit heads cut the fence then cut the locks. Got in and stole a bunch of empty plastic bottles. Useless to nearly everyone except a company whose business is filling those bottles with the product they produce. No bottle redemption value even.

Every single tweeker needs to be behind bars. Breaking rocks with their bare hands for a living for the rest of their miserable lifetimes. All the of the current rank and file bureaucraps in the state can join them.

There have been a few times the local "news" has kind of danced around the problems in Seattle. It always comes down to the same problem though. Those in power allow it. Those who are victims all too often vote for more of it. It can be amazing to watch. Homes in what used to be VERY nice working class area's are often now camps for scum. The people who live there all too often get mad BUT, do not want to do anything to the scum. So those in power, not having to live next to the sewer, smile, nod their head understandingly, say they just need some more money and they will fix this. The voters then vote for them again. Those in power sit in their homes where the scum is NOT allowed to get close to them and their kids and laugh.
There's another layer in municipal management that determines how far "off the tracks" a city goes. You can have a crazy mayor, and a crazy city council. But if the public facing entities are staffed by people who care, they can buffer some of the craziness. In Seattle, the leftists and activists had slowly infiltrated the ranks of management and common employment, echoing the craziness of the elected, causing services rendered to tank. Employee morale was in the gutter because all our managers talked about was racism, BLM, alphabet soup people and how bad white heteros are.

The city I now work for has leftists on city council, but the mayor is moderate and the departments below her are slightly right of center. For now, it's a far better experience than Seattle. However, there's way too many people nearing retirement here. Someday I may just need to leave the state.

So those in power, not having to live next to the sewer, smile, nod their head understandingly, say they just need some more money and they will fix this. The voters then vote for them again. Those in power sit in their homes where the scum is NOT allowed to get close to them and their kids and laugh.
They think they're going to "House" feral humans. I've changed my mind somewhat on my thoughts of the people that live on the streets. I had it in my head that it was a smaller fraction of those on the streets that were druggies. I now fully believe the majority are seriously involved in constant drug use. Looking, and hearing, in person, these people are no longer a part of "Civilization"! That problem lies squarely on the shoulders of elected leaders for the past three mayors/city councils. AND the last three governors of this state! Housing feral humans will not work. Will not work anymore than taming a cougar trapped in the wilds to be a house pet. That train left the station several years ago. That damage is done. The pooch has been screwed. And you can't get that train back, fix that damage or unscrew that pooch.

Let's Go democrats!

The city I now work for has leftists on city council, but the mayor is moderate and the departments below her are slightly right of center. For now, it's a far better experience than Seattle. However, there's way too many people nearing retirement here. Someday I may just need to leave the state.
I'm glad for you. I can put up with the middle. I am the middle, for hell sakes! The left has gone so far left I'll go with the side I don't necessarily agree with all the time.

Not that I know of. I have seen where they were burning something on the pavement in the parking lane next to the curb though. And up in this hood it's not terribly uncommon to go by a group of tents and see fire smoke.
Northeast 82nd drive up near port of potland where Columbia crosses 82nd there has been, on and off, actual cabin sort of things built with pallets and scrap wood. Those guys had an indoor fire with a metal pipe fore a chimney. Neat bubblegum huh? :s0118:
There was a hotel or two just north of 84 from NE 82nd that were taken to be homeless/Rona shelters. That whole area needs to be cleansed with fire.

They think they're going to "House" feral humans. I've changed my mind somewhat on my thoughts of the people that live on the streets. I had it in my head that it was a smaller fraction of those on the streets that were druggies. I now fully believe the majority are seriously involved in constant drug use. Looking, and hearing, in person, these people are no longer a part of "Civilization"! That problem lies squarely on the shoulders of elected leaders for the past three mayors/city councils. AND the last three governors of this state! Housing feral humans will not work. Will not work anymore than taming a cougar trapped in the wilds to be a house pet. That train left the station several years ago. That damage is done. The pooch has been screwed. And you can't get that train back, fix that damage or unscrew that pooch.

Let's Go democrats!
This has been tried over and over again. Like every policy and idea these people come up with they are shown it does not work. So their solution? Do it again and expect a different result. Section 8 housing is a prime example. Great idea on paper. Problem is so many abuse it that many will no longer have anything to do with it. People also of course do not want it next to them. Give the scum free everything, they will do drugs all day and night. Give them a home and they will trash it, then say the place is trash we need a new one.

1648157988156.jpeg

Grab some dog poo and place it in brown paper bag, right? Next step, light that bag on fire, and then set it next to their propane tank.....run like hell.

I'm kidding.... You set it next to their door, knock and run behind the bushes... where you have a rather large stash of water balloons filled with...water, or some other water-like substance. You then proceed to throw the water-like substance filled balloons at the burning feces, where you take great care to not hit the piece of filth. Then run like hell. Make sure you're wearing your COVID mask so you're not recogni.....I mean so you don't catch the Rona.

Again, I'm just kidding I here, I'd never think of doing anything of the sort.

The solution is.........

To provide them with FREE HOUSING.

With....
Better, prettier, with more modern amenities, and built in better locations vs. what you've worked hard and paid for with your own money.

Nothing but the BEST will do. For the sake of Equity.

Portlandia needs to follow the example of Los Angles.

Perhaps, some people just don't understand?
If you accommodate them more will come.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Grab a couple of burly neighbors and simply go tell them to leave. Tell them to move along. It's being done elsewhere in the PD area. The key is to get on th very first one that shows up.

Next, vote Hardesty out and Rene Gonzales in. Although the supreme court ruled that homeless tents have certain rights, RV's parked illegally do not, and Gonzales pledges that they will be towed off the streets stat as a start.

Good luck, keep it legal.

Got to have a nice talk yesterday with a PBOT gal. She's been working NorthEast potland for years. Said she grew up here. Those on the ground PBOT folks have it like the potland Police do. She was down tagging the wrecked cars that showed up near the ONE tent trailer surrounded with rubbish a half a block from our house. By law, she can't do or say anything to the live inhabitant of the tent trailer. She told me that she had bricks and rocks thrown at her by the human dregs a couple of days before. I asked where. Everybody know where the REAL disgusting place is up here in NePo. Northeast 33rd drive. Of course this nice gal couldn't call the police and get those dregs hauled off. Damn sad situation.

Got to have a nice talk yesterday with a PBOT gal. She's been working NorthEast potland for years. Said she grew up here. Those on the ground PBOT folks have it like the potland Police do. She was down tagging the wrecked cars that showed up near the ONE tent trailer surrounded with rubbish a half a block from our house. By law, she can't do or say anything to the live inhabitant of the tent trailer. She told me that she had bricks and rocks thrown at her by the human dregs a couple of days before. I asked where. Everybody know where the REAL disgusting place is up here in NePo. Northeast 33rd drive. Of course this nice gal couldn't call the police and get those dregs hauled off. Damn sad situation.

Ive talked with the PBOT vehicle taggers as well. Same story on my side of town. They are muzzled and ham strung. Not a thing they can do. Put a tow tag on it and within minutes it is taken off by the scumbags.
It'd be real fun to have a giant wrecker and just pull up to some of these turd piles and hook up the vehicle for a nice ride out to the middle of nowhere.
Anyone that is forced to accept rocks and bricks thrown at them by their bosses should be able to take one back to the office to club their boss with.

Now that WOULD get them fired. The Feckless ones at city hall need to be forced to go out and experience the fruits of their fecklessness!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top