JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found that making them uncomfortable, legally moves them along, sometimes.
Filming them. Pictures. Writing license plates down.

The fish thing is a great idea.
We once put a ling cod under an a-hole neighbors porch when i was a kid. Dad approved.
The neighbor stopped being an a-hole. You could smell it for weeks. The flies were thick. Best done in summer to accelerate the rot.

Spontaneous combustion is a thing from what i hear about meth labs and the chemicals found in them.

Get a bucket and take a pee in it and then during the night walk by and pour it near the drain valve. Do this a few times and then call the health department and tell them that they are draining their tanks into the gutter. That will shut them down quick.

if you live in the city limits, check with the city to see if they have a law about vehicles that must be moved every 72 hours, if so, file a report, every single day. also ask city what other options are available, YOU ARE PAYING TAXES they need to do something about the situation.....if you live outside the city, call the sheriff department, tell them your situation in a calm manner, and ask them what your options are to solve this problem. you may get help, or you may not. once you have contacted L.E.O. you are on record , so dont do anything illegal or they will be knocking on your door and investigating you.
I've called in vehicles every day and it works. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say

The fish thing is a great idea.
We once put a ling cod under an a-hole neighbors porch when i was a kid. Dad approved.
The neighbor stopped being an a-hole. You could smell it for weeks. The flies were thick. Best done in summer to accelerate the rot.
I think they are called "smelt" for a reason :) The 2022 run is expected to be a big one and usually happens about this time...

There was a recent story about a stolen truck that left a trail of smelt on the streets of Portland. I believe the run has been on for over a month already.
I guess we are down to fish market dumpsters, then...

A long time ago I may or may not resorted to Alaska Fish Fertilizer and a syringe to doctor the chair of a problem work associate. The fish that may or may not have been stapled to the front of his desk may or may not have desensitized him to the fish smell (but nobody else) ;)

Last Edited:
The city agency I work for installed bike lanes and bike racks anywhere we were having bum problems. Turns out, even though west coast city council loves bums, they love bicyclists even more. Having bicycle facilities where we had bum problems gives the agency the authority to remove the bums. Well played, says me.

A good example: bums love WSDOT property along I-5 because the city and WSDOT always disagree who's responsible for cleanups. So under this one I-5 bridge we were having trouble with, there's a 80-100' bike lane on the sidewalk under the bridge. At first I thought some over zealous pro-bike city engineer had it installed, and why? Because it's just this one short section.... Turns out they did it because of the bums!

So, maybe OP could get a dead end bike lane on his dead end street. It wouldn't be so weird around here!

Smallpox blankets.
Pretty simple really.
Oh man, LMAO on that one!!!

To the OP, imo it's critical to make them feel uncomfortable and unwelcome ASAP. People don't like to be wet for example. And you can probably think of other things that can make a tweaker feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

I do not recommend direct confrontation, having dealt with a lot of these meth heads personally.

A second option is to use police/sheriff. IMO the only time this will work is if what is reported to them is specifically on their list of actionable high priority crimes. Fe waving around a gun in threatening manner, race crime (a big priority for them here), threats to children, etc. I have read probably 100s of stories on this locally and even when they yell "I will kill you" and chase a person etc the cops will pay no attention. It has to specifically tick one of their boxes to get their attention. And the more poeple that call the better.

Last Edited:
if you live in the city limits, check with the city to see if they have a law about vehicles that must be moved every 72 hours, if so, file a report, every single day. also ask city what other options are available, YOU ARE PAYING TAXES they need to do something about the situation.....if you live outside the city, call the sheriff department, tell them your situation in a calm manner, and ask them what your options are to solve this problem. you may get help, or you may not. once you have contacted L.E.O. you are on record , so dont do anything illegal or they will be knocking on your door and investigating you.
:s0140: Well BLESS your heart! :D You don't live in potland, do you? :D Trying to laugh and joke about it is the way we have deal with what's been allowed to fester in this city. So nothing personal toward you. just trying to have some fun.
We have to deal with the realization that if we needed police for some reason, the likely hood of no officers coming is REAL.

We pay taxes/fees for a lot of things that the taxes/fees don't actually go to. THAT'S, why they have to come up with OTHER, or HIGHER, taxes/fees. You actually can camp on the parking strip/sidewalk in potland. The signs on our street say different, but it doesn't matter.

Have any of the offending Squatter wagons ever caught fire? It seems like a real possibility - drunks/dopers + fires, camp stoves, etc.
Not that I know of. I have seen where they were burning something on the pavement in the parking lane next to the curb though. And up in this hood it's not terribly uncommon to go by a group of tents and see fire smoke.
Northeast 82nd drive up near port of potland where Columbia crosses 82nd there has been, on and off, actual cabin sort of things built with pallets and scrap wood. Those guys had an indoor fire with a metal pipe fore a chimney. Neat bubblegum huh? :s0118:

Have any of the offending Squatter wagons ever caught fire? It seems like a real possibility - drunks/dopers + fires, camp stoves, etc.

Near my house we had a fifth wheel go up in flames last summer during the fire bans. It was in late August.
It burned down to the frame.

Last summer in another location near my home on Foster Rd SE, 3 RV's went up in flames. Separate incidents. 2 of them burned down the overhead power and cable lines.

3-4 weeks ago i pulled up on a RV on 122nd and Kelly St SE that was just starting. That thing went up like a dry Christmas tree.

So it is indeed a thing, pretty common from my observations.

:s0140: Well BLESS your heart! :D You don't live in potland, do you? :D Trying to laugh and joke about it is the way we have deal with what's been allowed to fester in this city. So nothing personal toward you. just trying to have some fun.
We have to deal with the realization that if we needed police for some reason, the likely hood of no officers coming is REAL.

We pay taxes/fees for a lot of things that the taxes/fees don't actually go to. THAT'S, why they have to come up with OTHER, or HIGHER, taxes/fees. You actually can camp on the parking strip/sidewalk in potland. The signs on our street say different, but it doesn't matter.
I used to work for the city of Seattle, which likely is every bit as bad as potland. I quit over many reasons, vax mandate being the main trigger.

I now work for a more moderate city, of course they have weirdos on the city council acting like every progressive these days, but the agency I now work for has, for the most part, successfully navigated those challenges. And I'm not required to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.

I used to work for the city of Seattle, which likely is every bit as bad as potland. I quit over many reasons, vax mandate being the main trigger.

I now work for a more moderate city, of course they have weirdos on the city council acting like every progressive these days, but the agency I now work for has, for the most part, successfully navigated those challenges. And I'm not required to be vaccinated as a condition of employment.
There have been a few times the local "news" has kind of danced around the problems in Seattle. It always comes down to the same problem though. Those in power allow it. Those who are victims all too often vote for more of it. It can be amazing to watch. Homes in what used to be VERY nice working class area's are often now camps for scum. The people who live there all too often get mad BUT, do not want to do anything to the scum. So those in power, not having to live next to the sewer, smile, nod their head understandingly, say they just need some more money and they will fix this. The voters then vote for them again. Those in power sit in their homes where the scum is NOT allowed to get close to them and their kids and laugh.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top