JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been back out to shoot with the chronograph due to weather and the schedule with the kids. I've since bought the latest Lyman and Lee reloading manuals and have read them both. I'll definitely be more careful with load data and working up loads. Before I just figured anything between the starting and max loads would all be safe. The surprise I had with the 45-70 rounds I chronographed and the information in the manuals has changed my thinking. I'll start at minimum loads and work up from there every time. I'm fairly convinced that my chrono was too close to the muzzle last time but I'll take the experience as a wake up call. You really can't be too careful with reloading. I am surprised how much of a difference exists in the data between the Lyman and the Lee manuals. I'm thinking about a third manual to give me a more well rounded view of what good starting loads should be. I also bought a pound of H-4198. There was a lot more data available for that powder.

There was some leading in the barrel. Now I see why people hate it so much. That was a chore to clean out. I've switched to trapdoor loads for those bullets. That should keep my velocity in the 1200-1400 range. I also bought sabots that will allow me to use them in my muzzle loader.

MOA:
The bullets I'm using are HSM cast bullets. They are round nose flat points. I don't see a lot number unless it is the number under the barcode.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top