Lee dies

Reactions
So, I got rid of the .300 WM I had, but am rebarreling a rifle into that caliber. I have a bunch of brass for it still, but I'd neck-sized it. Obviously, I need to full-length resize the brass for the new barrel but most of it is primed already. My question is, can I just remove the decapping rod part of the FL die, and FL resize them without losing the primer??

If thats possible, my next question would be on Hornady One Shot case lube. Has anyone had any experience or problems with that lube damaging primers? It says it won't on the can, but we all know that not everything performs the way its designed to :s0131: I've used it quite a bit, and it works great; but I've never used it on primed cases.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions
Hornady makes a better lube called "Unique". Looks like Ivory Soap in a small tub. Just a very light smear of this lube is all that's needed. Think of smearing the grease on a mirror. You want just enough to see it but not so much you can't see a relatively clear image through it.

In the title of your post you mentioned Lee Dies. You will still need the de-capping rod as this is what expands the neck after the case is resized. Just get a replacement rod from LEE ($3) and pull the de-priming pin from one or the other to use on this project. Or, you can just de-prime and replace with new primers. Even at the ridiculous price everyone wants for primers, they're still just over three cents apiece. If you choose the latter method, just de-prime slowly. Primers require an "IMPACT" to be set off.

If you know someone with an RCBS or Redding die set, these dies allow for the removal of the small de-capping pin where the lee is a one-piece that also includes the expander ball. Maybe you could borrow the sizing die for for just these cases.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom