JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one on my Mossberg MMR. I like it, cleaner looking than the carry handle, and gets the job done. For sure not match grade, but it takes a beating and holds zero.
View attachment 468714
I have 3 of these rear sights. They work.
I have seen chinese copies (yes, I know most are made in china anyway)
But Ive seen the out of spec, pot metal types too. Ones meant for legit airsoft..
but the pro series of stuff seems to be ok. Mine all hold zero and have positive clicks when adjusting.

Found it .
It's a flip up rear sightView attachment 468806 View attachment 468807 I don't remember when and where I got this I don't even know if it's a real Magpul or a cheap nock off
The fakes use metric allen screws instead of flatheads...

China also makes POSP scopes meant for airsoft... Have to know how to avoid em on ebay, cause the scopes they would have made for military use they can't sell to us thanks to Clinton. Really gotta know how to avoid Chinese copies...

After Andy buys that rear sight a month later he will buy something else lol.
Then he will move up to the real exspesive Stuff. MVIMG_20180613_103310.jpg

I actually put that Allan bolt on this one because it didn't have one like I said I don't remember where I got it I think someone gave it to me because I don't have a front one
It also says MBUS... Fakes tend to not have em. And the logo is just below the aperture, not on the part that is pressed down to flip it up.

I have a friend at work who buys storge lockers every now and then . when he finds little things that have to do with fishing or guns he gives it to me or sells it to me cheap lol.probley where I got it

I learned to avoid fakes at gun shows by not going to the tables hosted by the Asian people who sell stuff there. Its always mostly Chinese stuff. Not that I think they're bad, just cautious. Some of it I'd buy if I was into airsoft, but eh...

I also like the A2 rear sight. I was in a similar dilemma not that long ago, re: Leapers/UTG vs. the more expensive brands. I wound up getting a used Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT) L8a from eBay for $80-ish. It just takes patience checking eBay every day.. I also sold a few items so I had money to spend in my Paypal account.

Somebody did a photo comparison of the 4/16, the L8a, and one Ozark. If you do a little googling the review is out there somewhere... Anyway, they are NOT exact clones of one another. The fit and finish of the LMT is superior, although I'm sure any of them would work in a pinch... FWIW the reviewer owned at least one (1) of each, and found use for all of them.

I believe the Navy Seals are issued (or have previously been issued) the LMT L8a for some of their equipment. My thinking with inexpensive gear is, it is an expense, and will have no resale value. If I buy something nicer, it is an asset, that has book value, i.e., I could sell it later on, as my needs change.

UTG, as others have mentioned, has a well-deserved reputation for selling Chinese Airsoft garbage and because I've seen some pretty cheesy stuff from them I have ruled out using any of their products on my personal weapons. Their "Pro-Line" is supposed to be an attempt to up their game, some of which appears to be US made, but they'll never be close to top-of-the-line and I would personally have a hard time trusting their hardware, but hell at 25 bucks what do you have to lose besides 25 bucks. For my 25 bucks I would pick up a used or take-off Magpul MBUS sight, you see them all the time at that price in the classifieds, I know I've sold two or three myself. I usually keep a set around as a stop gap for whatever I'm waiting for but gave my last set to my daughter, she want an Aimpoint PRO. They're a lot tougher than people think.
Back Up Iron Sight Drop Test

I also like the A2 rear sight. I was in a similar dilemma not that long ago, re: Leapers/UTG vs. the more expensive brands. I wound up getting a used Lewis Machine and Tool (LMT) L8a from eBay for $80-ish. It just takes patience checking eBay every day.. I also sold a few items so I had money to spend in my Paypal account.

Somebody did a photo comparison of the 4/16, the L8a, and one Ozark. If you do a little googling the review is out there somewhere... Anyway, they are NOT exact clones of one another. The fit and finish of the LMT is superior, although I'm sure any of them would work in a pinch... FWIW the reviewer owned at least one (1) of each, and found use for all of them.

I believe the Navy Seals are issued (or have previously been issued) the LMT L8a for some of their equipment. My thinking with inexpensive gear is, it is an expense, and will have no resale value. If I buy something nicer, it is an asset, that has book value, i.e., I could sell it later on, as my needs change.

As I mentioned in my first the L8A in THE sight in this category. Yep, SEALs have been known to use them on their MK18s.

I don't know if its UTG or NCStar, but I had one of those Chinese rails you attach to the siderail of the AK... I bought a crude POSP for a reason, its cheap and crude but still many times better than the Chinese scope and rail I got when I traded for the wasr...

Granted that isn't the same as iron sights, but with irons still being cheaper than scopes might as well just buy a good sight.

I agree with others on dont scrimp on quality, especially on sights. PSA had Magpul sights, gen 2,front and rear for $50 bucks on black friday. Daniel Defense makes a nice, non folding, rear sight, or the Matech like others mentioned, i like. And its used in military applications so its true to the theme and US made.

And full disclosure, my UTG buffer tube is on an AR22 that only holds the stock on. :)

Straight from Armalite for $60 Armalite

p_100003702_1.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR