JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know exactly the bullet you're talking about.

Never had a single fail to fire or jamb, although it is a max round and seating is critical in a 9mm. Pressure increases fast when bullets are seated to deep.

I am sure you know that but others may be reading the data and think there new plastic gun will hold up to this standard. It may not, loading data has changed since the introduction of plastics. Start low and work up.

The most underrated JHP ever is the Remington Golden Sabre because it's not designed and loaded specifically for LE. It performs on par with Speer GDs and Federal HSTs, but doesn't enjoy the same popularity and hype that ammo with the letters "LE" on the box enjoy. It also costs 30% less than the others, so one could always buy those.

50 round box - 9mm Luger +P 124 grain Bonded Remington Golden Saber Ammo - GSB9MMD | SGAmmo.com

No sure why SGAmmo described this as LE ammo as I have never known RGS to be marketed to LE, but it is by far the best defensive round for the money.

Last Edited:
The most underrated JHP ever is the Remington Golden Sabre because it's not designed and loaded specifically for LE. It performs on par with Speer GDs and Federal HSTs, but doesn't enjoy the same popularity and hype that ammo with the letters "LE" on the box enjoy. It also costs 30% less than the others, so one could always buy those.

I have some of the Golden Saber rounds in 9mm. I also have a few 50 rounds boxes of 9mm 124gr +P rounds of the newer golden saber black belt ammo as well.

SGAmmo is awesome! I buy almost everything there. You can rarely beat the prices.
I've gotten great prices and good service from them. I did order some off-brand bulk packaged 9mm ball at a suspiciously low price. It had very inconsistent velocity and smelled awful. I wasn't expecting much at that price, so I don't know that I can say I was disappointed. :rolleyes: Ran it through my least favorite 9mm and got over it. So all good by me.

Funny note, for a while Golden Saber was the FBI .45ACP load, largely because it had an ogive very close to M1911 ball.

I suspect this crackdown may be because of LE rounds not being subject to Pittman-Robertson Federal excise tax, while consumer loads the tax is baked in from the factory.

I'm lucky my pistols shoot both jhp and fmj so I'm good. Sounds like a lot of people go thru a lot of jhp. I go thru a magazine here and there but so far I've only been shooting at paper mostly. What are you guys shooting at?

I just ordered 5 boxes of 124 grain HSTs from GT Distributors. They say that it is for Law Enforcement only, but don't require any documentation - just a check box. They also just sent me a 10% off coupon, so maybe I will order another 5 boxes. You do have to fill out an ammunition authorization form to verify that you are lawfully able to purchase ammo where you live and are 21 or older.

The cost was $19.99 per box with $2 UPS shipping. I am not sure how they calculate shipping, but for $2, I won't complain.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top