JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Iron out that whole 12 gauge thing and I'll buy one.

Figuratively, I would do some pretty crazy things to get my hands on an 18. What do those run now, $75,000? What are there, 25 in the country in private hands? A G18 with 33 round mags would be great to defend my walls from advancing Mongol hordes.

Only times I've had the luck to fire full auto or select fire weapons, the tax-payers were picking up the tab, so I wasn't too worried about it (other than loading those .45 mags for the M3...what a pain that was).

The belted guns are more fun, especially Mr. Browning's toy, the M2. Love the sound of that thing.

Just curious why would you EVER carry a COCKED firearm WITHOUT the SAFETY on, in the FIRST PLACE. I know that is like the # 1 rule in gun safety. You might want to take a gun safety coarse if this is a normal practice for yourself! I learned this when I was like 13 yrs old. It makes one wonder? Yes, I do carry with a loaded chamber, but the hammer is not COCKED! Remember the safety is is a macanicial defies that can fail.

a "cocked and locked firearm without the safety on

You appear to be rather ignorant of the 4 commandments of firearm safety.

#1 Treat all firearms as they are always loaded.
Not don't carry cocked and locked.

What weapon do you carry?

I carry all my 1911's cocked and locked. Even with the thumb safety off there are 2 more safety features on every 1911.

I carry my striker fired weapons with a round in the chamber so in a fashion they are cocked and locked.

Yes, but I didn't say that. I said fully automatic semi-auto Glock AR 15 in 12 gauge which is a bunch of conflicting statements. Although I SHOULD have said fully automatic single shot Glock AR15 in 40mm.

I know about the G18.

Winchester made a Semi Auto Single Shot so anything is possible!

Winchester model 55 .22 rimfire.

Winchester made a Semi Auto Single Shot so anything is possible!

Winchester model 55 .22 rimfire.
How? Semi auto is defined as loading the next round in the chamber.

Semi-automatic may refer to:

A semi-automatic firearm, a firearm which automatically reloads, but will only fire one round per trigger pull
A semi-automatic rifle is a rifle that fires a single round each time the trigger is pulled, uses gas, blowforward, blowback, or recoil to eject the spent cartridge after the round has traveled down the barrel, chambers a new cartridge from its magazine, and resets the action; enabling another round to be fired once the trigger is depressed again.

The self-loading design was a successor to earlier rifles that required manual-cycling of the weapon after each shot, such as the bolt-action rifle or repeating rifles, which required the operator to manual cycle the action before each shot. The ability to automatically load the next round allowed for an increase in the rounds per minute the operator could fire.

These rifles are also known as self-loading rifles ('SLR') or auto-loading rifles and are often mistaken for automatic rifles or machine guns.

I seriously doubt most legislators could find their butts with both hands. So the liklihood of them knowing what "cocked and locked" means is doubtful.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top