JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if this type of thread goes in this sub forum. Mods please move if necessary.

I was laid off last Friday unfortunately. I'm looking for a new job/career now. Hoping for something more permanent than some kind of retail, gas station attendant etc etc. I have almost 5 years experience at working the front desk and night audit for a hotel. And for the last 6 years I've worked at manufacturing hunting packs, kill bags for fish and many other assorted outdoor gear and some tactical gear.

I'm hoping someone close to Forest Grove has a lead on a good opportunity. I have my own transportation and consider myself a reliable hard worker.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Maybe look into construction management, this might not be the greatest time but I start my guys (inexperienced) at 70K.

Not for nothing - as it includes benefits.

Hillsboro School District
Forest Grove, Banks, Gaston too.

https://fgsd.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx

"Right off the bat I'd suggest finding a company that'll pay you to get your CDL. If that interests you."
"The CDL is still a good thing to look into. "

You can train to be a bus driver, get your CDL, and if the kids are not your thing, you still have the CDL.
Get a couple of years experience ... and you have started a driving career.

Wal-Mart is offering 100k for new drivers. I haven't looked but that's probably Experienced OTR. I doubt those jobs will disappear soon.

I didn't see if you had a significant other or kids If you are single there are jobs that let you see the world while learning a trade And pay for your accommodation and travel expenses

Wanted to give yall an update. In the process of getting hired at Columbia Industries working in their fab shop. I want to thank everyone for their reccomendedations and info.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top