JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, I hadn't tried that, I will try it when I get home. The problem will then be pulling it out of the holster.

I really have had good luck with other similar holsters. I guess it was finally my turn to get a bad one.

It might just need to loosen up a bit. I just had a Kydex holster I could not draw without major effort, but after several in-n-outs in became easier to draw.

The grocery check-out bags are slick, tough and can be layered to adjust retention.
I've gone as thick as 5 bags.

I wish I thought of it, but Wes Dahl of Privateer Leather told me about.
Wes is a master holster maker.

I don't disagree,I just have had custom holsters shipped in zip-lock bags with instructions to be used if the holster was too tight.

Also, being the question is about Kydex, my guess is heat will be required and neither would be a good idea!

I have several Kydex holsters. I have never had an issue with one except for one that was custom made. That issue was because it was one that he didn't have a blue blank for and tried to jury-rig it. Screw the bag thing. Return it and try another. There are plenty of makers out there (notice the box of holsters at my place!). Complain it doesn't fit and ask them to try again, or try a different company. Life is too short.

Not sure why people are insisting on returning a perfectly good holster or trying methods that won't work when the solution was given early in the thread and is the easiest, fastest, and correct method.

Use a hair dryer to heat up the holster, particularly the trigger guard area; that is where 99% of kydex holsters get their retention from. Once it's heated up, insert the pistol and verify it goes in with an acceptable amount of force. Let it cool. You can do this over and over until it's perfect.

This thread is like someone asking how to change their oil and people suggesting changing the engine instead, or rather than removing the oil filter, to remove the oil pan.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top