JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
... I can't fit my pistol in there without the action moving backwards (dangerous). There is no screw to loosen it either...

Anybody know a trick to loosen these up? Should I just return it to the store?

thanks,

1: Are you sure it's correct for your gun?

2: If you have a heat gun, you could soften it a bit then seat your pitol in it and let it cool.

3: Return for different one?

Use a hair dryer on highest setting, heat it up, and put your gun in and out a few times until it feels right.

I have a auto grade heat gun and have tightened up a couple of holsters.

I agree, return it if possible.

If too much of a PITA to return, a heat gun can soften the Jude's to rework it b

Pot of boiling water big enough to dip it in, tongs to dip it with, leather gloves to work the plastic with the gun in it. Dip it, shake it dry, put gun in it, work it, repeat as needed. The leather gloves aren't really necessary if you have a high tolerance to burning pain.:eek:

I have a few paddle holsters

I don't like any of them .
They dig in when I'm in the car.
But I never tried the hot water treatment.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. It is the correct holster for my pistol, even says so right on the package :) Unfortunately this is going to be a big PITA to return, so I will try apply heat and/or boiling water.

I've had very good luck with Kydex before. This is the first one that turned out to be a dud.

One trick for breaking in leather is to nose the pistol into one, two or three layers of plastic grocery bags. (the hard plastic ones at the checkout, not the soft clear ones from Produce)
Makes the pistol a little fatter everywhere.

Might work when doing the Kydex heat-treat.

Will it holster with your thumb pressed on the back of the slide?

You know, I hadn't tried that, I will try it when I get home. The problem will then be pulling it out of the holster.

I really have had good luck with other similar holsters. I guess it was finally my turn to get a bad one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top