JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone used the knock off 4x acogs that I see around for around 100$?
I know its not high quality but if it works then who cares. Just looking to see if anyone has a recommendation on a good AR scope that is 150 or under, and I am not looking for plain red dots.

Doesnt Aimpoint make an inexpensive little tactical scope for AR's for a reasonable price? I may be wrong, I'll have to look in my catalog and find out for sure. They may not be 150, but I believe they are much less expensive than the ACOG's.

A few companies make OK x1 (Red Dot) knock-off ACOGs for around that price range. I believe the Bushnell gets pretty good reviews but is on the heavy side (just weight) on most reviews?

I looked at one at the gun show, its pretty good quality in my mind, but I drooped the cash on the real thing. The Bushy needed batteries and the lure for me is maintenance FREE!

I like my AIM. Its adjustable from 2.5x9 and has a eye reliefe focus. Also seems to hold zero well but the mounts suck and when tightened down bend and then strip out.
I need a good scope for Practical Rifle and there is just too much 200yd and further stuff to mess with a 1x red dot

Check out cheaperthandirt.com, and enter item number SCP-309. Rubber Armored Mark III Tactical Scope W/ Built in Laser--159.97. Looks pretty close to what your after.

I bought an ACOG at a gunshow, thought the price was pretty good then the red chevron got dimmer and dimmer. I sent it in to get it fixed and was told it was a fake! Lets just say Im a little pissed. It does work well honestly, but not worth what I paid. It looks so real though, all the little markings, the box, everything! I compared it to a friends.

The bushnel acog's work pretty well, the newer ones have a set of rifle sights on the top that dont work worth beans, but the sight works well. They are fairly cheap

You're referring to the Bushnell Trophy. I've got one and I enjoy using it. They have them in stock right now for $190 at fisherman's in oregon city. I'm guessing you can find them a little cheaper online.

Spending $190 on a good optic is a lot better option in my opinion than spending $100 on a fake POS.

Buy $100 worth of ammo and get good with the iron sights......

I'm with him.....unless your eyes are going to sh!t
Finch-how bad are your eyes? Do you wear corrective eyewear/contacts? Are you near-sighted, do things look fuzzy at distance?
And when was the last time you had your eyes checked?

My close-distance focusing ability is worsening-due to age-and I'm looking at an ACOG myself.....but you still need to get proficient with the iron sights and you really need to understand your rifle and the characteristics of the rounds you shoot through it.

Crap glass sucks. Crap mounts for crap glass suck even more.
And dont buy cheap glass...get a decent 4-Power scope and save your clams until you can afford an ACOG....that's what I'm doing...it hurts but it will be worth it.

I'm very happy with my Millet dms-1. My eyes are bad as it is, but I also suffer from being right handed, left eye dominant. Irons are a huge PITA.

I am near sighted. Things far away are fuzzy. I wear contacts but its time for a new prescription. I am thinking the Vortex red dot with 2x magnifier looks like a nice scope for the money. My partner at the last practical rifle match had one and It looked like a good piece. One stage we had to swap guns and I liked the fact that I was way faster with a red dot. But the distance suffered. Also it is set up to co-whitness with irons which is a plus in competition shooting I think.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top