JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As the title says, I wonder if RMA failed a retest. Does anyone have any more information on what the "safety concerns are"? It definitely isn't a good look for RMA, I'm sure people are scrambling trying to figure out whether or not to dump their RMA plates and look elsewhere for their body armor needs.

FB_IMG_1693773650524.jpg

Well, the 1155 plates are supposedly 'rated' as level 4, so understandably, at least a downgrade would be applicable, but to be "permanently removed" seems to indicate that there is a major issue to be dealt with here.

Personally, I'm shifting to another brand, and definately something lighter. Six pounds each and not trustworthy . . . bye bye RMA.

Besides, there is much better technology out there now. Steel, even AR500, has been superceded.

Well, the 1155 plates are supposedly 'rated' as level 4, so understandably, at least a downgrade would be applicable, but to be "permanently removed" seems to indicate that there is a major issue to be dealt with here.

Personally, I'm shifting to another brand, and definately something lighter. Six pounds each and not trustworthy . . . bye bye RMA.

Besides, there is much better technology out there now. Steel, even AR500, has been superceded.
I understand RMA is fighting this. From what I've been hearing, during a surprise inspection of 4 randomly picked plates, 1 of them failed the NIJ level testing. Which could indicate failed QC on RMA's part. I know RMA is fighting tooth and nail to remove this "smudge" on their legacy but that's a tough sell.

Home made ceramic armor is better than any steel armor. 🤣🤣

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top