JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only really used leather belts. Plain, simple, leather belt. Same one for the last 15-20 years honestly. It works and that's that.

Lately I've been thinking I'd like to try something more ridgid, mostly for bathroom use. So the gun don't just go flopping around as soon as I unbuckle the belt. It stays ridgiderer, if that makes any sense.

I've been trying to watch reviews online on YouTube and such, but no one ever shows how easy it is to put on and or take a #2 with one. Kind of important information if you ask me. (Maybe I need to start a YouTube channel "Holsters and $hitters" LOL)

Anyways, yes, like most I poo, like most I unbutton my pants pull down the zipper and well you know the rest. Leather never was an issue as I carried at 5 o'clock in a OWB holster. Well, I recently found the holy grail combo of pistol and holster to carry appendix IWB. The moment I do the above, they sort of just limp over in one of two directions. That and pulling up my pants and getting things back together after doing the deed becomes a bit of a dance.

So, whatcha got that works? I'm not looking for something I can use as a tow rope, or something so stiff it can hold an elephant. I want something that opens in the front, and doesn't have a bunch of bubblegum in the way once I do open it. I want it to go on easy, like a leather belt does. It should stay in place so my gun stays where it should and not flop around like other things in that region do.

This has been recommended…

This seams good on paper…

Thanks!

Reno

Ares Gear aegis enhanced belt. Not cheap but I have worn the same belt for over 10 years and it's still as rigid as the day I bought it. Not too rigid to cause uncomfort though. It also doesn't scream "tactical" which I appreciate. No cobra buckles or rigger style belts for me personally.

941EDC3C-EFFE-4DAD-AF3A-5FB1766FAD7D.jpeg

I bought a Hanks belt a couple years ago….way too stiff and thick. Made it uncomfortable like a pair of shoes that won't break in.

I use a 5.11 and it's been great for the last 3+ years.
Just looked, they have quite a few, which one are you using?

I bought a Hanks belt a couple years ago….way too stiff and thick. Made it uncomfortable like a pair of shoes that won't break in.
Exactly what I'm looking to avoid.

Ares Gear aegis enhanced belt. Not cheap but I have worn the same belt for over 10 years and it's still as rigid as the day I bought it. Not too rigid to cause uncomfort though. It also doesn't scream "tactical" which I appreciate. No cobra buckles or rigger style belts for me personally.

View attachment 1047444
Looks like it isnt insanely stiff that it would actually bend around my hips. The buckle looks easy enough. Come off easy?

Just looked, they have quite a few, which one are you using?

Exactly what I'm looking to avoid.

Looks like it isnt insanely stiff that it would actually bend around my hips. The buckle looks easy enough. Come off easy?
Yup on and off super easy. Stuff but not too stiff. It's just hard dropping the 100+ dollars on a belt. But hey if we are the same waist size and you don't like it I'd gladly buy it off you at a discounted price of course. Haha. I have zero complaints with the belt.

Didn't think of 511, thanks @Kruel J for the tip, now this guy looks like a good solution. I forgot there are leather reinforced belts out there. Hoping Sportsmans has this to try as well.

Still open to others opinions on easy open on/off belts. Anyone wearing a fancy cobra type thingy? Something like this? Looks like all of the extra material is out of the way and once unclipped it's good to go for #2 business. Not too sure how easy something like this buckle is to slide through loops, so I'm not sure it classifies as easy on and off. But it certainly looks doody approved.
1633819465368.jpeg

I apologize in advance for all the lame poop jokes!

Didn't think of 511, thanks @Kruel J for the tip, now this guy looks like a good solution. I forgot there are leather reinforced belts out there. Hoping Sportsmans has this to try as well.

Still open to others opinions on easy open on/off belts. Anyone wearing a fancy cobra type thingy? Something like this? Looks like all of the extra material is out of the way and once unclipped it's good to go for #2 business. Not too sure how easy something like this buckle is to slide through loops, so I'm not sure it classifies as easy on and off. But it certainly looks doody approved.
View attachment 1047466

I apologize in advance for all the lame poop jokes!
If you're going to go the cobra buckle route make sure you get one with the smaller version buckles. The standard version are a b!tch to get in and out of your belt loops. It's almost easier to remove the buckle completely when inserting and removing the belt. They are rock solid though if you like that look. In my opinion those kind of belts scream "I'm carrying a gun/tactical" but the buckle system is bomb proof.

If you're going to go the cobra buckle route make sure you get one with the smaller version buckles. The standard version are a b!tch to get in and out of your belt loops. It's almost easier to remove the buckle completely when inserting and removing the belt. They are rock solid though if you like that look. In my opinion those kind of belts scream "I'm carrying a gun/tactical" but the buckle system is bomb proof.
Been trying to find that exact thing. The one I pictured looks great on paper, till I read some reviews stating just that, it's buckle don't fit through loops.

Im also so used to leather belts where the extra belt goes to the left. Where I have this appendix holster is just to the right of 12 o'clock. All of these belts, if looped through the usual way (start at left loop all the way around end on right) , have the excess belt to the right. Except the one you recommended which is very similar to a regular leather belt. That seems kind of annoying considering the gun is holstered on the right.

@Kruel J do you tuck the excess Velcro part of the belt in a loop or Velcro over a loop?

You can always run the extra portion of the belt over the top of the clip of the holster. Securing it with one of the belt loops.

I carry OWB at 3-4 o'clock. I have used several belts over the years and always found a way to do my business without ever touching the gun. For a standard belt with holes I punch a hole at the very tip to rebuckle the belt to when I sit down. Spread the knees to hold the belt tight. For stand up business I leave the belt in place, maybe loosen it a tad, and do my business under the belt.

I now have a belt with the slide buckle that is infinitely adjustable. I run it out to the end for #2 and do the same as above for #1. I also carry two speed loaders right in front that lock the belt to me when it's unbuckled as the loader holders hit the belt loop and will not allow the belt to slide loose.

When I bought this belt I had to chose between the original maker and a knock off company. Mean Gene belts came up with the slide lock buckle and his belts have extra reinforcing and are 40% more money than the knock off....Crossbreed holster makes the belt I bought. When new it was very stiff but has broken in very well. I did not need the extra stiffness of the Mean Gene belt. The finish on the edges of the Crossbreed belt are a little fuzzy and could have been burnished better, the belt stay loop is a slightly different color than the main belt as well. Less quality but 40% less price.

I have used a Beltman belt w/ a stiffener for 10 years or so. Made with elephant hide which does not show any scratches or wear after crawling on cement floors or rubbing up against concrete block walls. ZERO scratches after all this time. I doubt I will ever have to purchase another one but if i did I would do the same one all over again. Can wear with dressy clothes also. Looks great.

I read your OP but think that ANY belt will sag when you drop your pants/shorts in a bathroom. You still do not want to have your piece hanging below the stall wall.

I read your OP but think that ANY belt will sag when you drop your pants/shorts in a bathroom. You still do not want to have your piece hanging below the stall wall.
I've got a gunner belt that it stays put in when not Velcro'd tight. But that thing is made for holding a crap load of gear. My thinking is a 1.5" version of something similarly rigid would work similar.

I'll be taking a trip to Sportsmans tomorrow to try out some. Do some pretending in the changing room! Pootending, ok I'm done with the poop jokes!

My belt is 1.5"

Order your own. You get a choice of size, material & color, & buckle color. Plus you can get it stiffened if you want Not going to get that at Sportsman's.

528AEC97-3FFC-464B-B429-AF862266AD5F.jpeg BE46F71C-7FA4-484E-931A-4A25B896407F.jpeg E473050F-D4B1-413F-ADC2-F065854BD127.jpeg

View attachment 1047450

LOL I just took this pic with it still looped in my pants. :D
AKA the 5.11 tactical trainer belt.

These:

Recommend, am also wearing one ATM.

Have a few in various colors, depending upon footwear & sidearm accoutrement...:D

In all seriousness, I think it was on @Kruel J 's recommendation I went with that belt back when.

AKA the 5.11 tactical trainer belt.

These:

Recommend, am also wearing one ATM.

Have a few in various colors, depending upon footwear & sidearm accoutrement...:D

In all seriousness, I think it was on @Kruel J 's recommendation I went with that belt back when.
And @No_Regerts hooked me up with mine about 3ish years ago. We have a good community here. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top