JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am still fighting the annoying fight of trying to get a small weapon light on my go to rifles without dropping $500-$600 for a Surefire set up.

Im curious if anyone has a Streamlight RM1 mounted to a rail segment on there rifle at 10:30 or 1:30?

Ive got a few Mlok rail segments and there isn't much room if you ask me.

Are there thicker rail segments out there to buy?

Thanks!

Reno

Looking to mount this.
1644185652056.jpeg
1644185697540.jpeg
Like this.
1644185736395.jpeg

I waited for someone with more experience so my comment might not work for you but I found Fenix makes a pic light mount for rifles for 20 bucks that fits their lights or any 1inch lights so I bought one. Works really well and easy on/off the rifle.
As far as offsets I wouldn't mind one to fit an mlok slot myself, theres cheap 45deg offsets on Amazon or more expensive name brand nicer ones but they sure want a ton of money for what they are and they only mount to an already installed pic rail, I dont know of any offset mount that mounts to an mlok slot.

0206221544.jpg

I'm reading John Mosby's book "Guerrilla Gunfighter Volume Two: Preparedness Rifle and Carbine" at the moment and he recommends Streamlight Protac HL-X with the Streamlight pressure tape which is on his primary fighting rifle. He goes into the reasons for this and basically states that he's had zero issues with it and is a fraction of the cost of Surefires.

I'm probably going to go this route for my new rifle.

I'm reading John Mosby's book "Guerrilla Gunfighter Volume Two: Preparedness Rifle and Carbine" at the moment and he recommends Streamlight Protac HL-X with the Streamlight pressure tape which is on his primary fighting rifle. He goes into the reasons for this and basically states that he's had zero issues with it and is a fraction of the cost of Surefires.

I'm probably going to go this route for my new rifle.
Had that. Heavy and bulky. My mission is to find something lighter and less bulky.

7BAB03FB-369E-4EC0-9D8E-6A78170BFEDB.jpeg

i have one of these in a bin

No better priced than a Surefire.

My bad. It's under the 500 dollar mark. Just trying to throw out options. I've had really good success with the CD light systems.
No problem. I'm just cheap, and fighting the inevitable.

This is what I truly want.

1644249080769.jpeg
1644249096215.jpeg
I went and looked at the micro at Oregon Rifleworks. It's damn near $300 for basically the same thing as this with a pivot body. This by the way only costs $30. How Surefire can charge nearly 10x the amount boggles me!
1644249211964.jpeg

Found this. Arson machine is in Hillsboro over buy the airport. Out of stock currently. I may have to reach out to him. I've got his CX4 mount and it's very nice.
1644249591728.jpeg
1644249610233.jpeg
1644249623931.jpeg

I think Arson might have solved my problem.

1644250250318.jpeg
1644250262672.jpeg
With a Surefire GX2 Tactical single output @ $79. Total around $140.
1644250299264.jpeg

I'm using Streamlight, but not the HL-X. That thing is huge. I'm using the smaller ProTac 1 light on my house gun. It has less output, but I don't need a lot of output. You can see in this picture the smaller light on the shorter rifle. I think the light with the switch and everything is around $150. I've gone to using switches on all of my guns.

A8CDBA29-85CE-4A6C-8164-4CD0F1EA4B19.jpeg

I'm using Streamlight, but not the HL-X. That thing is huge. I'm using the smaller ProTac 1 light on my house gun. It has less output, but I don't need a lot of output. You can see in this picture the smaller light on the shorter rifle. I think the light with the switch and everything is around $150. I've gone to using switches on all of my guns.

View attachment 1126330
I had 2 set up with HLX protacs. Both on light guns. Add cans and they both lost their lightness. Those things were huge alright!

I didnt know streamlight made a smaller version. I will look it up and see what it will all weigh together.

The Arson mount is really looking like a winner. Especially as the CX4 one I have sets the tone for quality.

I agree with tape switches being the way. Especially ones like the mod buttons.

I had 2 set up with HLX protacs. Both on light guns. Add cans and they both lost their lightness. Those things were huge alright!

I didnt know streamlight made a smaller version. I will look it up and see what it will all weigh together.

The Arson mount is really looking like a winner. Especially as the CX4 one I have sets the tone for quality.

I agree with tape switches being the way. Especially ones like the mod buttons.
Looks like streamlight makes a switch for the TLR series. That would be pretty compact. The Arson mount looks promising.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top