JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>
Court Commissioner Eric Schmidt said harm to the club from closing the range outweighs harm to the county and its residents from keeping the range open until a full hearing is held on the appeal.

Yahoooooooooooo! Friggin A! The range will probably re-open this weekend. I will have my 50 BMG there with a box of ammo for those who want to try it out. Let everyone know we are back. :)

I will be scheduling a silencersmithing class for those that are interested.

Ranb

4F, it would be about an hour from Sea-Tac. But well worth the drive, We have members who drive 1 1/2 to almost 2 hours to get there.
Even if you don't join you are always welcome. But I must warn you. We expect you to have fun....

It sounds like it would be exciting.. IF I am in Bellingham or Sea-Tac I would certainly love to go check out and shoot at the club if non-members can shoot. I may end up in Sea-Tac, Olympia or Bellingham.

As far as fun, I never have not had fun sending ammo downrange..:D Generally, it is the one of the more exciting things for me to do. I spend lot of time sitting in front of a computer screen, so going out shooting is an enjoyable outing for me. I am sure the scenery around the peninsula is very nice.

I will leave the choice of calibers up to the club. I also have a shooting box I can install to curb some of the 50 BMG noise. I think my 16" 308 is louder than my 50 bmg enclosed in the shooting box.

Ranb

The link goes to a 2016 article. Shooting firearms is still prohibited at KRRC. In fact someone at the DNR tried to get us to repay the $47000 grant we got for improvements nine years ago because we failed to stay open for gun use for at least ten years. The grant was for gun/archery ranges; air rifle doesn't count. The DNR decided to give us a few more years to re-open for gun use.

The county also kept on rejecting our applications for a permit, saying it was incomplete and to resubmit with another $500 fee. Last month we finally got the county to accept our application; no telling if they'll approve it or not.

Ranb

We are a bit closer to re-opening. County: Gun club could reopen pistol range with some safety fixes

Might be able to use the pistol line soon. This would allow pistols of any caliber and any rimfire rifles. The rifle line would require more extensive permits.

I wish the Kitsap Sun would some day explain why they quoted the Prosecuting Attorney as saying use of noise abatement at the club was "murky" instead of what he actually told me in an e-mail; "technically illegal".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top