JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Men in attempted thrill kill charged with attempted murder | www.kirotv.com

Two suspects in an unusually disturbing attempted murder case who police said admitted to a random attack suddenly had little to say in court.

Prosecutors said the two men broke into a Kirkland home at random and wanted to kill someone for the thrill of it.

Vincent Sisounong, 21, and Blessing Gainey, 19, are charged with first-degree attempted murder and first-degree burglary.

On Oct. 12, they broke into the victim’s parents’ home on Northeast 133rd Street, authorities said.

Court papers allege Sisounong and Gainey pulled 18-year-old Deep Rawat from his bed, ordered him into the garage and threatened to harm his family.

Charging documents said Sisounong held the Rawat’s arms while Gainey tried to chop off his legs.

The victim was able to punch Sisounong in the face and escape to a bathroom in the house.

The suspects fled, but Rawat had stab wounds to his shoulder, head and hands, and deep cuts down to the bone on one of his legs.

According to charging papers, detectives found fingerprints at the crime scene that belonged to Gainey, and when questioned, the 19-year-old admitted slashing the Rawat’s leg after breaking into the home.

He also gave up his friend, Vincent Sisounong, documents said.

When interviewed by police, Sisounong said he "really wanted" to kill the teenager, documents said.

The victim did not know the attackers.

Police arrested both men in late October.

Bail for Sisounong was set at $1 million. Gainey's bail was set at $500,000.

They both pleaded not guilty Tuesday.

Neither had family in the courtroom showing support.

Men in attempted thrill kill charged with attempted murder | www.kirotv.com

Two suspects in an unusually disturbing attempted murder case who police said admitted to a random attack suddenly had little to say in court.

Prosecutors said the two men broke into a Kirkland home at random and wanted to kill someone for the thrill of it.

Vincent Sisounong, 21, and Blessing Gainey, 19, are charged with first-degree attempted murder and first-degree burglary.

On Oct. 12, they broke into the victim’s parents’ home on Northeast 133rd Street, authorities said.

Court papers allege Sisounong and Gainey pulled 18-year-old Deep Rawat from his bed, ordered him into the garage and threatened to harm his family.

Charging documents said Sisounong held the Rawat’s arms while Gainey tried to chop off his legs.

The victim was able to punch Sisounong in the face and escape to a bathroom in the house.

The suspects fled, but Rawat had stab wounds to his shoulder, head and hands, and deep cuts down to the bone on one of his legs.

According to charging papers, detectives found fingerprints at the crime scene that belonged to Gainey, and when questioned, the 19-year-old admitted slashing the Rawat’s leg after breaking into the home.

He also gave up his friend, Vincent Sisounong, documents said.

When interviewed by police, Sisounong said he "really wanted" to kill the teenager, documents said.

The victim did not know the attackers.

Police arrested both men in late October.

Bail for Sisounong was set at $1 million. Gainey's bail was set at $500,000.

They both pleaded not guilty Tuesday.

Neither had family in the courtroom showing support.

So, I'm just wondering.....how could someone break into the home while the entire family is sleeping, go directly to the kids ( about the same age as the bad guys) room without prior knowledge of the layout or family? The story sounds unbelievably fishy to me. I'll be curious to see what develops.

So, I'm just wondering.....how could someone break into the home while the entire family is sleeping, go directly to the kids ( about the same age as the bad guys) room without prior knowledge of the layout or family? The story sounds unbelievably fishy to me. I'll be curious to see what develops.

It depends on the age, style and size of the home. Most post WWII floorplans are laid out with common sense and easy to get around in the dark. Heck there is a square mile in Federal Way where all the houses are variations of five basic plans.

Hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm . . . An Asian and a black guy . . . HHHHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Sheldon
Just like Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Gary Ridgeway, Adolph Hitler, Jack the Ripper, Ward Weaver, Kip Kinkle.......I'm as racist as the next guy but even I'll admit that most of the thrill killers, serial killers and outright nut jobs are white guys.

Technically Charlie didn't do any of the killing himself but I admit I was surprised when the "DC Sniper(s)" turned out to not be a caucasian male between 20 and 45 years of age.

Just like Charles Manson, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Bill & Hillary Clinton, Gary Ridgeway, Adolph Hitler, Jack the Ripper, Ward Weaver, Kip Kinkle.......I'm as racist as the next guy but even I'll admit that most of the thrill killers, serial killers and outright nut jobs are white guys.

Women are smarter than we are and never get caught. Plus they kill you slowly.

Just devil's advocate advice for the mentally ill that are driven to do something horrendous like this ...

If you are driven to go kill some innocent person for the thrill of it join the military. That way, no prison, just a pat on the back.

These two chose a poor path given their desire was probably to kill at will and then just trot away as free men.

There are a lot of people that get to kill with no consequences at all. The self defense excuse isn't even required. Travel 7350 miles and take shots at goat herders. Heck, you get called a hero for it.

They could have joined that club, I hear joining is easy. But alas, they did this as civilians so now it will be bars for life, at least. Idiots.

Just devil's advocate advice for the mentally ill that are driven to do something horrendous like this ...

If you are driven to go kill some innocent person for the thrill of it join the military. That way, no prison, just a pat on the back.

These two chose a poor path given their desire was probably to kill at will and then just trot away as free men.

There are a lot of people that get to kill with no consequences at all. The self defense excuse isn't even required. Travel 7350 miles and take shots at goat herders. Heck, you get called a hero for it.

They could have joined that club, I hear joining is easy. But alas, they did this as civilians so now it will be bars for life, at least. Idiots.

Burt,
I'm must say that most of your posts have me nodding my head in full agreement. But I'm inclined to call you out with this post as I find it offensive and disrespectful. I can only speak for the professionals that I served with and regarded as loyal friends, but none of them were "mentally ill" nor joined their respective branches for the sheer thrill of killing. The people that have the duty to pull the trigger don't seek out the limelight or want to be called heroes, and there are serious consequences when the ROE's are not followed.
Maybe you were just being a little sarcastic, but sometimes sarcasm doesn't carry over well via this outlet....

-simon99

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads