JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is what I had before and after the Kimber. This is the one I keep.
Slightly worked over Ruger 77MKII.
RUGER.jpg

I like Kimber but I have a Sako 75 Hunter in 7 mm and it's my hunting rifle. Very accurate and problem free. Nightforce scope makes it a little heavy for long distances but I am not changing it. Check out the barrel twist and what ammo works best because that might a difference in what you decide.

Also shot a CZ 550 in 30.06 with a great trigger as a very economical alternative.

Love my Kimber Montana in 280ai but I knew I was gambling a bit when I bought it. Seems you either get a good one, or you don't, and have to deal with sketchy customer service. I got lucky with mine as it is deadly accurate and a joy to pack. I have made some great shots with it and it has put a lot of meat on the table. I would not buy a used one as there is most likely a reason it is for sale. The good ones are usually not for sale.:cool: 89BFEA2B-8DB2-4B68-9884-3D0FBBDCCE5A.jpeg 88E26277-A8A1-40EC-BEA4-3C05453B2188.jpeg

Last Edited:
Love my Kimber Montana in 280ai but I knew I was gambling a bit when I bought it. Seems you either get a good one, or you don't, and have to deal with sketchy customer service. I got lucky with mine as it is deadly accurate and a joy to pack. It have made some great shots with it and it has put a lot of meat on the table. I would not buy a used one as there is most likely a reason it is for sale. The good ones are usually not for sale.:cool: View attachment 502202 View attachment 502203
exactly what he said.

I suppose if I got down to only a couple of rifles my Kimber would make the cut for reasons mentioned above. It has been a great rifle however, there are a couple things I would change to make it perfect. The extremely curved trigger does not fit my finger as well as less curved triggers on other rifles. Although I have the adjustable trigger down to about 2.75-3# it has a slight amount of creep. I need to take it down and stone it out. The bolt handle could be better for my big ol' bear paws. Maybe slightly longer and the knob on the end which is smooth and round could be chaged to a knurled flatter profile like a Rem 700. I know these items can be fixed but even with these detractions the rifle just flat kills for me so I am a bit hesitant to monkey with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top