JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny you said that because I had purchased some 9mm ammo that didn't feed well through my pistol, I called cabellas (where I purchased the ammo) and they gave me a full refund but told me I would be responsible for disposing of the other ammo either to the proper recycling OR hand it over to law enforcement, I chose the latter and offered it to a couple cops I came across at the coffee shop and to my surprise they both refused the ammo saying they " just weren't gun guys", JUST WERENT GUN GUYS? WHAT THE- ......... I walked away with a $100.00 worth of Critical Defense ammo because these two SLACKERS just weren't into "guns". TskTsk it should be mandatory these guys are pounding out at least 250 rounds per week at the range, and it never hurts to try different ammo in your guns to see how well it works, etc, these guys should of been jumping at the chance to get some free ammo for target or whatever..
Not gun guys... Probably because they are social workers. Portland cops, right?

Who is more at fault, the officer that kills a student accidentally in a shoot out or the officer that stands around outside doing nothing afraid to go into the school after the perp to keep the perp from killing more students?

If my daughter was killed as an innocent bystander by a cop during a school shootout I would be irate as a parent! I think the cop that stood around outside doing nothing got off way too easy though!

Under normal circumstances I tend to view these things as the A Hole shooter is at fault for all deaths related to the mayhem he/she causes. These things are enormously chaotic and there will be some friendly fire deaths in that chaos. It sucks but it's unavoidable.

In the case of the cowardly cop, however, that's a whole other thing. It's blows my mind that the cop can't be sued for negligence in this case but it's already been upheld multiple times that the police have no legal obligation to protect us. Given that very true reality, it is absolutely unconscionable to me that some counties won't issue CCW permits. Or for that matter, that a permit is required at all. But this is the crazy Eff'd up world we live in. :rolleyes:

Yes if you're with a guy who decided to rob a store and your the driver and the stores ownOW shoots him DEAD then you should be charged with murder but .
A cop or a civilian that stops a mass shooting and hits a (NON COMBANTAT) .
that's part of the fog of war I would think .
It's a thing that .
That guy will have to live with but .
What if he did nothing how many people would have died .
If I was in this situation I think I would take the shot

Then think again , the point I was trying to get across was the untrained cops we are dealing with & the fact that the officers that refused free ammo is evidence of the lackadaisical attitude of cops now days and their unwillingness to do what it takes to 'protect and serve"........
Now go back and re read the posts, maybe you'll catch up kiddo
Sorry I missed a few posts

Even with this last one the teacher that was three doors down from where the shooting started and he was a ex MARINE mmmmm
Gee I wonder what would have happened if he had a gun to fight with .
But instead he had to bunker up and PROTECT the kids in his class .
There probably would not have been 4 minutes it would have been more like 30 seconds before the shooter was engaged . time is the main thing in this WHEN SECONDS COUNT THE POLICE ARE MINUTES AWAY

Bottom line, in these situations, the first responders are the people that are on site. Why aren't these people given the tools to prevail? They are given "Run, Hide, Fight" LMFAO, what is that? First off, fight with what a stapler, a chair, a book? Please, just please stop!!. Run? Where? Nutria have better options and most of us slay the tar out of them.

To the left/media: These killers are cowards looking to check out of their pathetic, meaningless lives in their warped sense of glory, who do you want to deal with them, the first responders on site or the clean-up crews? Oh, and BTW zero craps have been allocated for those wishing to cry about being bullied.

I KNOW THERE WAS NO 25 MINUTES FIREFIGHT

I kinda, sorta got that from posts 32 & 33. I am calling out the media a-holes just as you are. They are twisting the truth as always, so no big surprise, but they need to be called out.

Yes if you're with a guy who decided to rob a store and your the driver and the stores ownOW shoots him DEAD then you should be charged with murder but .
A cop or a civilian that stops a mass shooting and hits a (NON COMBANTAT) .
that's part of the fog of war I would think .
It's a thing that .
That guy will have to live with but .
What if he did nothing how many people would have died .
If I was in this situation I think I would take the shot

Exactly. And this will happen eventually. Cops shoot innocents from time to time. It happens. Sooner or later a CCW holder will unintentionally shoot an innocent. And you can bet when it happens the Left will have a field day with it. And you can probably bet there will be a lawsuit by the family of the deceased.

The Left, of course, uses this possibility as the justification for not arming teachers, private citizens, etc..."Since there is even a tiny chance that a CCW holder might injure an innocent, we should not arm teachers and let the shooter continue executing children unabated." I find this logic completely insane. My god, even if the CCW holder kills an innocent or even two, it is likely that FAR LESS will die than the number that would have been shot if the Shooter was left unchallenged.

I recently read a paper by a police trainer who looked at a number of these shootings and analyzed the number dead with the police response time. What he found is that in mass shootings, you can expect a new victim every 7-8 seconds on average. Think about that in regards to the time it takes the police to respond. By the time the call goes out, the officers show up on scene, gear up, and confront the shooter, enough time has gone by for 12-16 casualties. And thats with a quick response time of 2-4 minutes. In reality it could be much longer. It's a no brainer, IMO, to arm teachers.

Oh yeah and another thing about this SHOOTING now this punk A$$ piece of S#!+& Dad is coming out to Basically defend his PIECE OF $#!+ kid saying he was bullied at school .
Oh yeah and from what I have seen on TV .
The dad doesn't speak English mmmm .
Go figure

Funny you said that because I had purchased some 9mm ammo that didn't feed well through my pistol, I called cabellas (where I purchased the ammo) and they gave me a full refund but told me I would be responsible for disposing of the other ammo either to the proper recycling OR hand it over to law enforcement, I chose the latter and offered it to a couple cops I came across at the coffee shop and to my surprise they both refused the ammo saying they " just weren't gun guys", JUST WERENT GUN GUYS? WHAT THE- ......... I walked away with a $100.00 worth of Critical Defense ammo because these two SLACKERS just weren't into "guns". TskTsk it should be mandatory these guys are pounding out at least 250 rounds per week at the range, and it never hurts to try different ammo in your guns to see how well it works, etc, these guys should of been jumping at the chance to get some free ammo for target or whatever..
Lot of cops don't. One of where I lived a few years ago issued one box of target ammo per year per cop. 50 rounds... now their SWAT team was on the range every week. They were excellent but the SWAT guys said 80% of the regular cops only shot once a year for qualification and immediate prep for the test.

I shoot a minimum of two to three hours every two weeks with both static and moving targets, but often more than that in terms of practicing and gun handling (~750-1000 rds/mo. between rifle and handgun). At least ten full days of classes this year, probably more, including Massad Ayoob's MAG-40. No IDPA yet, maybe next year.

I am honestly curious what percentile that puts me into or how it compares to various levels of LE training?

Most LE dept.'s qualify 2-4 times a year. Looking at the qualification drill(s) used, it shows they can shoot straight, perform basic manipulations, and are safe with themselves and those around them. Which is painfully not adequate for the street, and certainly not for active shooter.

Most LE dept.'s qualify 2-4 times a year. Looking at the qualification drill(s) used, it shows they can shoot straight, perform basic manipulations, and are safe with themselves and those around them. Which is painfully not adequate for the street, and certainly not for active shooter.
Well, ideally you'd be able to send in SWAT for that... Ideally, but realistically police do have to go in and its painstakingly obvious they don't typically get enough training...

Then there are ones like this guy who don't have a clue to begin with:
riflesight-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads