JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dang, suckered into responding to another necro-thread!

I've heard that trolls sometimes dredge these old threads up, to make more germane discussions roll off the front page, on forums they don't like.

The initial writer of this article is correct in one instance. They do need to be educated. Just to test your level of knowledge on the subject, what caliber of handgun has been most widely produced??? That's right the .32 acp. Do you really think that the .32 would have been produced in such volume if the round was incapable of incapacitating a person? What you don't know about the cartridge will amaze you. The .32 acp had been adopted by many militaries and police agencies in the past century. Yes, the round is small but the fact that the gyroscopic motion of the round dissipates after about 7 inches in a body and begins to tumble creates an internal cavitation that is totally wicked, as well as leaving much of the energy of the round in the target. As far as penetration is concerned it has been well documented that the round has been used to put down horses by penetrating their skull at point blank range. This is a part of our forgotten firearms legacy as handgun calibers have increased in size, probably due to shooters with compensation issues. Freud would be pleased by the response to shooters today, I cannot say so much for J. Browning.
ref; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_ACP

The initial writer of this article is correct in one instance. They do need to be educated. Just to test your level of knowledge on the subject, what caliber of handgun has been most widely produced??? That's right the .32 acp. Do you really think that the .32 would have been produced in such volume if the round was incapable of incapacitating a person? What you don't know about the cartridge will amaze you. The .32 acp had been adopted by many militaries and police agencies in the past century. Yes, the round is small but the fact that the gyroscopic motion of the round dissipates after about 7 inches in a body and begins to tumble creates an internal cavitation that is totally wicked, as well as leaving much of the energy of the round in the target. As far as penetration is concerned it has been well documented that the round has been used to put down horses by penetrating their skull at point blank range. This is a part of our forgotten firearms legacy as handgun calibers have increased in size, probably due to shooters with compensation issues. Freud would be pleased by the response to shooters today, I cannot say so much for J. Browning.
ref; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_ACP
Guess that's a hell of a way to introduce ones self by a point blank second sentence.

We can also say that at the peak of the .32 acp there was not as many issues with body altering drugs that could allow a person to take multiple rounds of even .45ACP to the chest and keep coming.

There has been a lot of discussion on and off the forum with the information provided in the first page and their choice was to swing to something slightly larger that comes in flavored with higher capacity.

Guess that's a hell of a way to introduce ones self by a point blank second sentence.

We can also say that at the peak of the .32 acp there was not as many issues with body altering drugs that could allow a person to take multiple rounds of even .45ACP to the chest and keep coming.

There has been a lot of discussion on and off the forum with the information provided in the first page and their choice was to swing to something slightly larger that comes in flavored with higher capacity.
So,
By your statement "...a person to take multiple rounds of even .45ACP to the chest and keep coming." We can agree that shot placement is necessary to achieve the desired results as opposed to the loudness of our guns or the smoke we make. It is the hits that count. My friend if you ever have the opportunity to shoot the .32 acp and conduct tests on reaction time and follow up shots, you will discover that the .32 is a stable platform capable of accurate shot placement. Without the recoil making the weapon jump it allows you to stay on target and access the situation. Another thing to consider is that the .32 creates very little signature when fired. This lower level of noise could play to your favor depending on the situation. Just because something is old and fell out of favor is no reason to discard it. The old adage is that if you are looking for a new idea then read an old book. A crossbow will dispatch a man just as quickly as a handgun. The point is that a shot made with at .32 is considerably more potent that a miss by a .45. Or, a .45 left in the safe. Some people think that just because they are home they can lower their defenses. In reality they are more susceptible to a successful attack by home invasion due to the shock factor of the breaking down of their door. Having a weapon on you all the times that you have practiced with and confident in is and should be the preeminent focus of our discussion. I sometimes doubt that people can effectively carry a concealed .45 in Louisiana in July while jogging, or working outside. How often do you lock up your gun at home or in your vehicle than carry it? Oh, and hello. My name is JDAMS ARE LOUD.

Last Edited:
The 32acp was not powerful enough to kill this old thread.
Not even the power of PineSol could kill it.

image.jpeg

All joking aside, this summer my wife bought herself a P32 with a Nickel-Boron slide to carry in a Kydex clamshell holster attached to her leggings or yoga pants by an UltiClip. Ever since then I have been on a quest for decent ammo.

Baited into another senseless thread about ballstics....no must resist.

Rather than my usual smart bubblegum remarks I'll just say I like apples.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews