JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jeez, I've been to the DMV twice in the last 6 months and it's a sad testament that I received superior common courtesy/service there than what I've read here about Keith's.

Can't say that my personal experiences at Keith's have been all that bad, though haven't been there for more than a year. Of course, I always expect it will be crowded and chaotic, thus time consuming. The sign-in list thing is kind of goofy; all they need is a take-a-number system like you find elsewhere. Sad to hear they've gone further downhill. Just makes Gator's in Kelso look better and better.

I've only used Keith's in the past to get my blue label Glocks. They suck more than a ….. well I have to keep it clean in here. They have this red head blob there that'also works at the English pit. This woman is so miserable, I wanna vomit when I see her.

The old guy with white hair is Keith, his wife is the small skinny lady with dark hair and glasses. Those two, I'm okay with, or I should use the word tolerate. The rest of them…. Oh lawd lol. Rude, clueless, and not giving a single F is how I'd describe the staff there. They don't care and they know they make their money…. So who cares I guess.

I got all the Glocks I need so I have no reason to ever shop there again to be straight up with you. I get better prices on line anyways. If it's a good business then I will gladly support a local business/gun shop.

vote with your worthless federal reserve notes and take your business somewhere else, IMO.

I recon Keith will sell the store and retire soon, like most old guys there is a time to quit.

When you see a guy working behind the counter learning the business then he will be the new owner.

At least this is what you normally see.

The last few times I've been in there, there has been a sign to sign up on the list. I was there yesterday, as well, and the sign absolutely was there.
If you need someone to hug you while you buy a gun, Keith's is not the place. I go often enough that they know me on a 1st name basis, now, and even still, there's not a lot of room for niceties. Go in there knowing what you're after, and not to kick tires for three hours and not buy anything, and your experience will improve.
sometimes tire kickers come back and spend a lot of money. all customers should be treated fairly and equally, and employees should know how to move on from someone who is clearly not there to buy. but do it in a polite manner.

Best gun shop ever was Starving Marvin's on River road in Eugene Oregon. Marvin retired and sold out but Marvin was good because he was a gun nut himself.

He was into all kinds of competition and knew guns better than any shop owner I ever met.

When Glocks came out he had about five customers in the store and demonstrated the simplicity of glocks takedown.

When Colt American 9mms came out he showed what a cluster flock it was to takedown.

Marvin got the best stuff in and he wasn't just pushing you through the door, he loved selling guns.

On a side note, Marvin had a pit bull in the store every day. If the dog saw you he would growl a little and Marvin would tell stories about what a great dog he is.

Marvin sold quality, not quantity he wasn't buffet but fine dining.
For me it was The Gun Broker on 82nd Drive. Still miss it after all these years

Went in there and there were five employees, one of which I think was probably the owner, and 2 customers. 2 of the employees were helping customers and one woman running paperwork stuff. One employee was bsing with another employee for 5 min then stocking ammo for the rest of the time I was there. I figure maybe they just had a big rush, no biggy, I will wait. I'm like 6'away from one employee and 10' from the bsing guy and they are both facing me as is the woman on the computer/terminal maybe 10' away.

So after about 10 minutes of patiently waiting at the counter and trying to make eye contact I start to ask about some ammo and before the first sound is out of my mouth lady says someone will help you in a minute.

One customer came in right after me and he gave up and left (smart man). I wait about another 7 minutes or so and a customer walks in and owner gets up and says what can I get you "joe" (I changed the name). Lady is looking at me nervously as it's really obviously I had been there a long time before him. I continue to wait. Then my body language is sayin "WTF" in as polite a way as possible. After a few minutes she digs up a clipboard and says "you have to be on the list". Says something about I'll put you on the list. Seems to me she was trying to cover for the other asshats who could care less if I waited there all day apparently.

No one mentioned any list in the 20 minutes prior nor does it say "by appointment" on their website, they were not busy, the one guy spent 20 minutes stocking ammo and ignoring customers, and a customer they knew didn't have to wait at all because owner decided to get off his lazy arse to help him, despite my trying to get help for 20 minutes.

I realize gun shops are busy and I was very patient I thought but this is pure BS. I bought a firearm from them in the past and I would rank that experience maybe a 4-5 out of 10, with the gun room being a "0" and lucky sporting goods being a "10". This experience makes me rank Kieth's lower than that previous 4-5. I can't see any reason to ever set foot in that place again when there are good gun shops and ffls around (I had tried lucky sporting goods for the ammo first along with a couple bimarts and 1 coastal). I'm going to try NW armory and/or Oregon Arms and Ammunition to find the 45LC ammo as I've had good customer service at both those places.

There was another member who recently posted about a bad experience at Keith's but I can't seem to find it.
Welcome to the Keith's experience. Don't buy from them for a reason. Go to AFT where burnside meets division, and hey are cool and helpful. Or go to Nw armory, great selection and great personalities

nw armory has tons of ammo (probably no long colt though) and is always a good experience.
I tried there yesterday and no 45 lc. Surprisingly though sportsman's warehouse had it, along with stacks and stacks of 9mm, .223., 7.62 x 39 etc etc. Looked to me like pre panic levels of ammo (not prices though of course). All the shelves had ammo and they had additional wire shelving out for the extra ammo. No percussion caps, primers, or powder though.

I tried there yesterday and no 45 lc. Surprisingly though sportsman's warehouse had it, along with stacks and stacks of 9mm, .223., 7.62 x 39 etc etc. Looked to me like pre panic levels of ammo (not prices though of course). All the shelves had ammo and they had additional wire shelving out for the extra ammo.
what was the price on the LC?

what was the price on the LC?
It was grizzly cowboy ammo which from what I have seen is always overpriced compared to Winchester white box, armscorp ($49.99 at g4g right now), aguila and Fiochi. I won't buy hsm brand. I think I paid $70 which is overpriced but I don't care I just need one box for the moment to try out my new conversion cylinder for Remington 1858 army revolver. If it was cheaper ammo I would have bought more.
BBD4C6C7-5029-4791-8E7E-F82EF571994D.jpeg

Nice gun! I have the Henry big boy all weather in long colt that I got from kieths! Seems like a buck or more a round for LC I pretty normal right now.

20220307_213418.jpg

Keith's has certainly let the biggest gun dealer in oregon mantra go to his head. I'll still stop in if they have something I want in stock at the right price. I suppose my biggest problem with him is I rather not go into Gresham under any circumstance.

Nw Armory... they price chase. If something is popular, they happily jack up the price. I have watched items on their site, and saw the price change over a few days, maybe my clicking on the product page triggered it. But I saw several examples of the price tags in store not matching their online site.

Keith's has certainly let the biggest gun dealer in oregon mantra go to his head. I'll still stop in if they have something I want in stock at the right price, but I have no problem kicking the tire.

Nw Armory... they price chase. If something is popular, they happily jack up the price. I have watched items on their site, and saw the price change over a few days, maybe my clicking on the product page triggered it. But I saw several examples of the price tags in store not matching their online site.
i do hear that although sometimes if you look deeper into the product on the website the specific product or price may only be available at another one of there stores. ill give you an example, I've been looking at 10mm ammo and its a bit cheaper at the Scottsdale store but its still on the website and says available at select stores ie the Scottsdale store

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top