JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This just in...
Keith's new ad campaign.

Soup Nazi.png

I've not heard of transfer costs being 10% of a firearm's value as a practice, but since a majority are in the 4-500 dollar range, and typically transfers are 40 bucks anywhere you go, it may be that by coincidence.
I do know that they (and others) charge more for the transfer of firearms purchased online than for ftf transfers, mainly because they do a higher volume of those than even selling their own inventory.
Never heard of the 10% thing either

Westside of PDX- go see Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks OR. Ask for Jeremy or his office manager. You will not be disappointed. You can get the same guns from both.

How is separating browsers from buyers helping ether one?
It's not. It's ALIENATING if anything and will probably result in more of a 'vinegar' than 'sugar' outcome - and I kinda see that in this thread.....

I have been in quazi- customer service/relations most of my life and while not necessarily directly involved with them it is important to treat everybody fairly and impartially.

This does NOT mean you will always patronize the 'tire kickers' to the same degree as the obvious buyers or those you know are regular customers but it's not hard to take a few minutes to establish 'who is who' yet keep everybody in 'the loop'.

Heck, maybe when its really busy give a short 'announcement' to the group as a 'rally style' speech to let everybody know the situation. Always keep your arms outstretched with hands 'open' as a goodwill gesture and keep it up beat and not negative. I have always found a quick hand clap followed by opening of my arms as a display of acceptance to be very effective.

People prefer communication - good or bad - over silence. Trust me - I KNOW this from a lot of experience.

what if I went in just looking and had several grand in play money in my pockets hoping maybe I might see something I couldn't live without, you think I'm gonna stick around for more then 20 min
Well, sad is it may be. In the old days (Pre Trump/Rona/Bidet) I'd go to Sportsman's Warehouse. To look and fondle. If I knew I wanted it and didn't need to see it and fondle it, Kieth's is there. Pretty much went early on a weekday. If Keith's didn't have it, I'd have them order it. $50.00 down and they'd call when it came in.

Maybe, but my point is that it's their rules, in their house.
This may be true but it's NOT their 'house' - it's their business they are hoping to keep as 'public' as possible and cater to as many as they can.

Business rules (regardless of how simple) are interpreted by customers' much more serioulsy than by the those that make them. They may see the rule(s) as oppressive, less than accommodating and create the 'illusion' they are being 'watched'.

It ain't the DMV where we are 'forced' to use and have to abide by the 'take a number' ticket dispenser.

I've not heard of transfer costs being 10% of a firearm's value as a practice, but since a majority are in the 4-500 dollar range, and typically transfers are 40 bucks anywhere you go, it may be that by coincidence.
I do know that they (and others) charge more for the transfer of firearms purchased online than for ftf transfers, mainly because they do a higher volume of those than even selling their own inventory.
Be it a private sale between myself and another party or an out of state sale I will be doing my FFL transfers through A Cut Above Pawn at 18295 SW Tualatin Valley Highway, Beaverton, OR 97003

Last week they confirmed $25.- for the first gun and $15.- for each additional firearm within the same order. I thanked him and let him know that I was pleasantly surprised.

The fellow I spoke to told me that they do more FFL transfers than anyone else in the state.

I had some luck today. Bought a rifle at Bimart and was number one on the bc calls. Took about 15 minutes to buy my rifle. Longest part was filling out the tablet. Love Bimart.
I stopped shopping at bimart when they refused to sell guns to anyone under 21. Family friend went in to buy a shotgun right after he turned 18 and they told him he had to be 21.....I'll spend my money somewhere else

Haven't been to Keith's in years, certainly long before any of the panic buying going on over the last 2+ years. This whole sign-in sheet thing seems strange and pointless. How is it supposed to work? You sign a sheet and it puts you in line for service and they'll just pretend you're not there otherwise? Even if no one else is in there?
The sheet means they'll pretend you're not there in the order of your arrival. Makes ignoring you much more efficient.

The last few times I've been in there, there has been a sign to sign up on the list. I was there yesterday, as well, and the sign absolutely was there.
If you need someone to hug you while you buy a gun, Keith's is not the place. I go often enough that they know me on a 1st name basis, now, and even still, there's not a lot of room for niceties. Go in there knowing what you're after, and not to kick tires for three hours and not buy anything, and your experience will improve.
No, it won't. I used to live 2 miles from Keith's on 242nd. I never went in there without knowing precisely what I wanted. I think I went in there a total of maybe 6 times in 12 years. 5 of those times it was either drag an employee across the counter by his shirt collar, or be ignored. The one time I got the "Kid" and he dragged the concealed carry holster I was after down off a shelf 8 feet up the wall. I was out of there with my holster in about 6 minutes total. All of those visits after the first one were prompted because I had already looked everywhere else and come up empty. I'm too old to put up with customer abuse. I expect a certain level of courtesy and respect. I'm the one handing out money, after all.

Never liked Keiths. Prices are always higher. Service has always been terrible.

These days i make most of my purchases elsewhere.
Plus the fine folks here at NWFA will usually post something i am looking for eventually so that is where i shop. I like to support my fellow 2A enthusiasts. The service is top notch. Most folks are good for a conversation during the transaction.
Most of the guns I've bought in the last 5 years have been from @808hondacrguy. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top