JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen a number of times in my life where FFL folks just hate private sellers running tables in the gun shows. The FFL hates competition and thinks it just isn't right a man can sell his property without a license.

I have seen a number of times in my life where FFL folks just hate private sellers running tables in the gun shows. The FFL hates competition and thinks it just isn't right a man can sell his property without a license.
Licensing IS a Control TOOL, & When used TOO Much becomes a Tool of TYRANNY..
You have a Constitutionally SECURED RIGHT to Traverse the Public Right of Way in State of the Art Equipment...
Gvmnt has an Obligation to Work
towards the Just Ends of Securing us in those Rights, among others.

Attorneys & Helth Care Practitioners Fit that role.

But a Driver's License??
Used to be the Def of a Driver was one who operated a Commercial Vehicle.
In your own POV, you Are a TRAVELER.

At 16 most in states you can get a Driver's License. Keep paying them money, don't screw up, & live to 105 & still get it renewed...
STUPID, ILLEGAL REVENUE GATHERING SCHEME...

BUT, Like Drs & Attys, when the Have to PASS THE BOARDS, they get CERTIFIED COMPETANT TO USE THEIR SKILLs...

Do the Same w/ driving, & every so many yrs re-cert your skills & that helps protect us from each other..

Hadn't been to Keith's in some time. Noticed the sign about signing up on the list on the way in, wasn't my favorite thing but ok at least they made it obvious. Signed up and waited surrounded by 30 of my closest friends that I'd never met before and I no longer wondered why the list existed. The list was 20 deep when I got there and had refilled to the same level when I left. They had the KSG that I wanted in stock and I bought it and put me in line for a POF order that had been submitted 9 months earlier. They had a POF Revolution pistol in stock and the counter guy brought it over for me to check out while we did paperwork, which was cool. POF hadn't delivered the order of Revolutions a couple of months later so they refunded me my deposit which I applied to a P365 purchase. Its a high volume atmosphere, they move allot of customers through there so I won't go there for a quiet slow paced conversation but if I have business to do its somewhere I can go for a successful acquisition. My 2 cents worth.

Well, the other gun store in Gresham (Advanced firearm training I think it's called) isn't too far away and has friendly staff. It is a bit smaller though, but worth going in and checking out.

I had crappy service at Keith's also. This was around 20 years ago and never went back. Looks like nothing has changed there.
I did have good service at The Gun Room Inc. about 30 years ago.

Well, the other gun store in Gresham (Advanced firearm training I think it's called) isn't too far away and has friendly staff. It is a bit smaller though, but worth going in and checking out.
I bought two pistols from them early 2021. Agreed, smaller shop, nice folks.

After reading all this I'm surprised anyone still goes to Keith's.

No one asks for my opinion so I offer it on occasion for free. My only trips to Keith's were to redeem blue label Glocks and I bought a few things at a gun show here and there because they had what I wanted. I am a firm believer that everyone deserves to maintain a level of dignity and it is hard to know when you might ruffle someone's feathers.

Was I ever treated like the shop wanted me as a return customer? Nope. I want to believe that location is begging for a hefty dose of additional real estate, but if it isn't there then customers will pull on their big boy pants and have a transaction that leaves room for improvement.

I don't know that I could do any better with the constraints they choose to work under, it has to be a challenge when there just isn't enough room to stand.

No one asks for my opinion so I offer it on occasion for free. My only trips to Keith's were to redeem blue label Glocks and I bought a few things at a gun show here and there because they had what I wanted. I am a firm believer that everyone deserves to maintain a level of dignity and it is hard to know when you might ruffle someone's feathers.

Was I ever treated like the shop wanted me as a return customer? Nope. I want to believe that location is begging for a hefty dose of additional real estate, but if it isn't there then customers will pull on their big boy pants and have a transaction that leaves room for improvement.

I don't know that I could do any better with the constraints they choose to work under, it has to be a challenge when there just isn't enough room to stand.
I once drove three hours round trip to buy some Ruger MKII mags you ordered for me because of your reputation. My only regret is that I haven't been back since. To me service is EVERYTHING. I stand on principals and will gladly spend more $$$ at a competing shop if they are better in the customer service dept. My experience at your shop was that your pric was beating internet prices but after gas for me was about the same. More than worth it to me. I now work further North than I used to and will look into doing more business with you solely based on service, the better prices are just icing on the cake, LOL.

How can I reiterate this::eek::eek::oops::mad:

At an ORIGINAL 90s Ken Glass Rose City Gun Show, set up on an Island Next to Keith:...

"Yo, Dick, did you bring the Beer?"
"No, Keith, It's Your Turn"...

Shortly after That Show, BATF Special Agents Roland Jacobs & Mike McNall are in my Driveway Asking Questions like:
"Do I ever sell M1 Carbines to "BADDASSEDD Ralphie the FkTard??"
Or "Why have I had so many Shorty Shotties????" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keith Bragged to Wes Knodel abt having sicked those BATF Special Agents onto me
SIMPLY BECAUSE I WAS A PRIVATE PARTY GUN COLLECTOR w/ Tables at a Gun Show.....

When I was in the Army late 60s there was an expression that we would collectively Belch out....:

"HIMMMMMM HIMMMMM FK HIMMMM!"

That was intended for [Expletive Deleted]s like Keith...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top