JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went in there and there were five employees, one of which I think was probably the owner, and 2 customers. 2 of the employees were helping customers and one woman running paperwork stuff. One employee was bsing with another employee for 5 min then stocking ammo for the rest of the time I was there. I figure maybe they just had a big rush, no biggy, I will wait. I'm like 6'away from one employee and 10' from the bsing guy and they are both facing me as is the woman on the computer/terminal maybe 10' away.

So after about 10 minutes of patiently waiting at the counter and trying to make eye contact I start to ask about some ammo and before the first sound is out of my mouth lady says someone will help you in a minute.

One customer came in right after me and he gave up and left (smart man). I wait about another 7 minutes or so and a customer walks in and owner gets up and says what can I get you "joe" (I changed the name). Lady is looking at me nervously as it's really obviously I had been there a long time before him. I continue to wait. Then my body language is sayin "WTF" in as polite a way as possible. After a few minutes she digs up a clipboard and says "you have to be on the list". Says something about I'll put you on the list. Seems to me she was trying to cover for the other asshats who could care less if I waited there all day apparently.

No one mentioned any list in the 20 minutes prior nor does it say "by appointment" on their website, they were not busy, the one guy spent 20 minutes stocking ammo and ignoring customers, and a customer they knew didn't have to wait at all because owner decided to get off his lazy arse to help him, despite my trying to get help for 20 minutes.

I realize gun shops are busy and I was very patient I thought but this is pure BS. I bought a firearm from them in the past and I would rank that experience maybe a 4-5 out of 10, with the gun room being a "0" and lucky sporting goods being a "10". This experience makes me rank Kieth's lower than that previous 4-5. I can't see any reason to ever set foot in that place again when there are good gun shops and ffls around (I had tried lucky sporting goods for the ammo first along with a couple bimarts and 1 coastal). I'm going to try NW armory and/or Oregon Arms and Ammunition to find the 45LC ammo as I've had good customer service at both those places.

There was another member who recently posted about a bad experience at Keith's but I can't seem to find it.
With hesitation, I'm going to give away my spot for ammo that seems to have a good stock and has good service, Money Market pawn. They had 357, 44 mag, 45 acp, 9mm, 380, the usual rifle ammo, 327 mag, and more.. Not everything but a good stock at decent prices. I didn't notice of they had 45LC or not but you could call and ask. Their pistol selection is small but they usually have an okay long gun selection. They are nice people in me dealings.

Keith's does have a waiting list and horrible service. And when I was there a few months ago there is a sign as you walk in that says sign in. However, if you were the only person in the store they should have just helped you. They do have horrible, terrible service. I was helped by the owner (Keith, an old grumpy guy) and I could tell they were better towards people they knew so I asked him questions about his hunting pictures and acted like I was a hunter. I'm not but I know enough to fake it for a short chat. Once we talked a bit he was instantly nicer to me. But he wouldn't sell me a suppressor because he didn't know anything about them, but really he didn't want to do the paper work. He said come back the next day when his son's were in. That dude needs to retired and let his kids run the shop, or just sell the shop. They do have a much better selection than most places near by, but I won't go back. If your willing to drive 20-30 minutes there are some shops to the south that have just as good a selection not. But I Bought the silencer from silencer shop online. Keith's sucks.

I've only been into Keith's about 4-5 times, and every time I went away sour, except the first time way back when they were in the old house down the street from their current location. Back then it was Keith, his wife, and one employee and service was great!
In the new location service has always stunk.

With hesitation, I'm going to give away my spot for ammo that seems to have a good stock and has good service, Money Market pawn. They had 357, 44 mag, 45 acp, 9mm, 380, the usual rifle ammo, 327 mag, and more.. Not everything but a good stock at decent prices. I didn't notice of they had 45LC or not but you could call and ask. Their pistol selection is small but they usually have an okay long gun selection. They are nice people in me dealings.
You didn't mention it, but seems appropriate to throw a good word their way regarding customer service, too. Money Market Pawn might be in a kinda sketch location (NE corner of SE Powell Blvd. and 136th Ave.), and even some of their customers can appear a bit rough sometimes, but they really are a customer service oriented store with a strong focus on friendliness instead of arrogance.

Friends don't let Friends shop at Keith's....

Btw, I have a relative that shops there consistently....he's been married 4 times and loves the abuse..

Last Edited:
You didn't mention it, but seems appropriate to throw a good word their way regarding customer service, too. Money Market Pawn might be in a kinda sketch location (NE corner of SE Powell Blvd. and 136th Ave.), and even some of their customers can appear a bit rough sometimes, but they really are a customer service oriented store with a strong focus on friendliness instead of arrogance.
I would agree with this...

However, I guit doing business there after they decided to price gouge for simple transfer fees.

Went in there and there were five employees, one of which I think was probably the owner, and 2 customers. 2 of the employees were helping customers and one woman running paperwork stuff. One employee was bsing with another employee for 5 min then stocking ammo for the rest of the time I was there. I figure maybe they just had a big rush, no biggy, I will wait. I'm like 6'away from one employee and 10' from the bsing guy and they are both facing me as is the woman on the computer/terminal maybe 10' away.

So after about 10 minutes of patiently waiting at the counter and trying to make eye contact I start to ask about some ammo and before the first sound is out of my mouth lady says someone will help you in a minute.

One customer came in right after me and he gave up and left (smart man). I wait about another 7 minutes or so and a customer walks in and owner gets up and says what can I get you "joe" (I changed the name). Lady is looking at me nervously as it's really obviously I had been there a long time before him. I continue to wait. Then my body language is sayin "WTF" in as polite a way as possible. After a few minutes she digs up a clipboard and says "you have to be on the list". Says something about I'll put you on the list. Seems to me she was trying to cover for the other asshats who could care less if I waited there all day apparently.

No one mentioned any list in the 20 minutes prior nor does it say "by appointment" on their website, they were not busy, the one guy spent 20 minutes stocking ammo and ignoring customers, and a customer they knew didn't have to wait at all because owner decided to get off his lazy arse to help him, despite my trying to get help for 20 minutes.

I realize gun shops are busy and I was very patient I thought but this is pure BS. I bought a firearm from them in the past and I would rank that experience maybe a 4-5 out of 10, with the gun room being a "0" and lucky sporting goods being a "10". This experience makes me rank Kieth's lower than that previous 4-5. I can't see any reason to ever set foot in that place again when there are good gun shops and ffls around (I had tried lucky sporting goods for the ammo first along with a couple bimarts and 1 coastal). I'm going to try NW armory and/or Oregon Arms and Ammunition to find the 45LC ammo as I've had good customer service at both those places.

There was another member who recently posted about a bad experience at Keith's but I can't seem to find it.
I went there, once.

When you said" No thanks" and left.. - nobody there could give a S*it less.. ... They've gotten away with poor customer service, and will continue to do so.
Their choice. and I have a choice: I wouldn't hand them my money under any circumstances.
NWArmory has always been pleasant to me.

Haven't been to Keith's since the mask stuff started. Well, I went once but the line was too long. I got good deals at gun shows with them and in store, when I dealt with Kieth.

But my best customer service is with Lucky Gunner in Banks with on line purchases and some accessories and TJs in McMinnville. You might save a nickel at Keith's but in the last 3-4 years the last 2 are great to work with.

Haven't been to Keith's since the mask stuff started. Well, I went once but the line was too long. I got good deals at gun shows with them and in store, when I dealt with Kieth.

But my best customer service is with Lucky Gunner in Banks with on line purchases and some accessories and TJs in McMinnville. You might save a nickel at Keith's but in the last 3-4 years the last 2 are great to work with.
I'm assuming you mean: Lucky Sporting Goods in Banks ? ( I googled them ) as Lucky Gunner seems to be in TN .. I like to shop local by referral when possible. Anyone in particular there to speak w ? Tnx ! - Mark

Keiths is in Portland, I don't spend any time or money in Portland, End of story.
Actually it's Gresham. Not that it makes any difference at this point in history.

Keith is a Mormon btw….so any unkindness or unfair treatment towards others has to be a misunderstanding by those others.

I have been to Keith's shop on occassion, and done a couple of transfers there. Service was OK. Better than some, worse than others. In waiting for my transfers, I noticed that "tire kickers" were ignored. Folks who seemed interested in buying something were served. No list at that time. I have browsed there, and was helped when something caught my eye that I was interested in. Not my first choice in shops, but they dobhave quite a bit of stuff in stock. He has been around a long time, and sells a lot of stuff. Must be doing something right.
He told me a few years ago that (at that time) he had about 6500 guns (all types) in stock.

Also, I have found him to be pleasant when he has had time to talk. If he's busy I do not hold that against him.

Gresham isn't Portland....yet. 😉
Not that you can tell the difference between one and the other when crossing the boundary line. If not for the sign, you wouldn't know. To put that in perspective, my Dad (raised in Portland) used to go to "country dances" way out in Gresham when he was in high school, hoping to meet some "country girls." Times have certainly changed...

Back when Keith first started doing the Rose City EXPO Show I had tables on an Island butting up to his..

We'd kid each other abt who's turn it was to bring the beer...

At that time I lived 5 minutes from the Clacamas Gun Broker & typically went there every day. Royd would get me to clean guns at the Ammo counter & once a guy, I'll call him Al, came in thinking I was an Employee and asked abt a handgun for his wife,
which Nicole heard him & said she'd be right with him.

So the Al told me that he had been at Keith's, waited a bunch & finally a gal came to him but she couldn't answer any of his regular questions, so he asked for an employee who could fill that role.
Shortly a guy came over & they talked, and the guy told Al that he would go check on the answer,
went to the back, spent a bit talking w/ 2 other employees & then went into the back room.

Al kept waiting, meanwhile nobody else bothered to ask if he needed any help, just kept BSing, so finally he hailed the Gal for a WTF, Over, & the duDe that had gone into the back room had gone to lunch..

Keith's was 5 blocks from where Al lived, but he drove all the way to the Clac GB on 82nd Dr, & wound up spending $1500.00 on firearms, & Left as a customer who would later return for more..

Sometime afterward when Bubba Clit-On occupied the High Office of POTUS the ATF were Auditing all of the Gun Stores.

One day I noticed a car was leaving the property I lived on so I walked over & the Passenger asked if I was John Doe ;) ..

I looked at him quizzically & he said "We are Special Agents with the BATF, & we'd like to ask you some questions......."
Again I looked at him quizzically, & he said "You're Not under arrest or anything, we'd just like to talk to you."

So I got to meet SA Roland Jacobs & SA Mike McNall...
They were Gun enthusiasts from the Enforcement part of the Agency,
tasked w/ doing the Compliance Side's Job, & weren't happy campers abt it at all, & we talked for abt 20 minutes,
& parted company kinda like "Old Friends who had Just Met". Many areas were discussed, they couldn't stand Bubba Clit & complained abt how their jobs had become not fun anymore.. I asked them "Well, if your job's suck so bad, why do you keep them....... Does it have a good retirement plan ;) . They both hung their heads a bit, held up a finger & said touché.
They knew I did Gun Shows, & were concerned that I did a lot w/ M1 Carbines & Shorty Shotties.. (Royd had bought a room full of 870s from a Sheriff's Dept & I helped make them go away, everything done according to The Rules.
Once they heard the story "No Worries Mate."

At one point & TOTALLY Out of the Blue one of them said "Who's gonna come & take your guns? It Sure as hell won't be us because there aren't enuf of us to do it, & Besides, None of Us want to get Killed!!!"

As they were leaving the passenger said
"Should a man spend 5 years in Federal Prison for SIGNING HIS NAME TO A GOVERNMENT FORM???? ........................................It Depends!!!"

Look over the 4473 real good, check the definitions on the back, go to their website.... They Get you for PERJURING yourself on that CONTRACT, A GOVERNMENT FORM, A VIOLATION OF THE UCC... & Then tie it in w 18 USC...

Oh, the REST of the STORY:

KEITH told them to come & check me out, that I sold a LOT of Guns at the shows, & might not follow all the rules.......
He bragged about it to Wes Knodel who had bought the Rose City Show.
That 2 faced Arrogant excuse for a man KNEW He was lying to them, but He really wanted to be the ONLY GAME IN TOWN..

He caused many Old Timer Vendors at the Rose City shows to not return,
pissed of a bunch at the Albany Rifle & Pistol Club's shows as well...

NUF CED...

1649726753355.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top