JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's not forget when thinking about the efficacy of the wax ring that this cartridge is also in use in every armoured vehicle co-axial MG and ground-mounted support MG - the magnificent MG42/MG3 - that shoots around 1200 rpm.

A couple of years ago I had a cousin visiting me from Switzerland. I was showing him and his teenage kids some guns, and of course had to pull out the K31. I showed them the little wax-paper troop tag that I had found under the buttstock, and he laughed. He said that the town written on the tag is a village that he drives through every day on his way to work. :)

" They still ARE milsurp. "

No, now they're expensive collectibles. They go from Milsurp to Expensive Collectible when the importation stops and there ain't no more where that came from.

I have no issue with restoring Swiss rifles as they were never used in war. The Swiss themselves took K-11's for instance took off the linseed oil brightened the stocks to K-31 standards. tac's was tastefully restored.

Swiss rifles did not use linseed oil on K11s. K11 has not been restored - the shellac finish is original. The K31, however, WAS restored by the American previous owner, but he took extreme care about the edges of the thumb/finger grooves and canton stamp on the RHR of the butt.

Swiss rifles did not use linseed oil on K11s. K11 has not been restored - the shellac finish is original. The K31, however, WAS restored by the American previous owner, but he took extreme care about the edges of the thumb/finger grooves and canton stamp on the RHR of the butt.
I'm pretty sure raw linseed oil was used through World War II then the Swiss moved to shellac..

Until mid-1944, when they finally ran out of walnut, they used shellac, as seen on my K11. Thereafter, using beech, like my K31, they used linseed oil. Dunno what mine is, but it is VERY hardwearing - not a mark on it since I got it back in 1989. The two slices on my K11 are from carelessly cutting open the preservation covering - I've left them there. Look under the '36' on the wood. the other one is on the butt-piece.

1602173727693.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany