JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like it's that one or not. All-matching? Seems to be. Needs some TLC, though, by somebody who cares. Do you care?

Bottom is my K31 - bought back in 1989....

View attachment 290008

Right now it has the latest Swiss Products precision diopter sight - front and rear, with Gehmann infinitely-variable iris eyepieces fitted. Sight with basic iris unit is around $400, add another $300 for the spiffy foresight unit. It's good up to 1000m, whereas the Wysse version from Switzerland costs around $600, plus the extra $300, and only goes up to 900m. The SP version is authorised for use in Switzerland, BTW.

View attachment 290002

View attachment 290003

That's twenty shots at 100m...

View attachment 290004

The muzzle gauges at 0.0003" more than it did in 1989, but then I HAVE put 5000 or more down it since then.

The top is my K11, as is.

This is a cheap Hawke 1.5 - 4.5x24 scope - no more than x4 is permitted in the military 'sniper' comp.
View attachment 290005

This odd-looking item is a K31-actioned 300m match rifle with Gehmann rear and W+F foresight unit.

View attachment 290006

View attachment 290007

The barrel is made by Schultz & Larsen in Denmark, and is in .308Win.

tac

Tac is this the same diopter set as on yours?
<broken link removed>

Does anyone know if these attach to any K31 or does it need additional hardware?

Tac is this the same diopter set as on yours?
<broken link removed>

Does anyone know if these attach to any K31 or does it need additional hardware?

It is not the same as mine - mine is made in the USA by Swiss Products - see post #10 images for comparison.

This sight is made by Wysse in CH and is about the right price, even by the exalted prices asked by Simpsons. However, unlike the Swiss Products version, made in Kalispell MT, it does not go out to 1000m. I'm advised that there ARE a couple of Swiss diopter sight makers who are NOW extending their diopter sight to cover this range, but they are even more expensive, and yes, they are MADE for the K31 ONLY and need nothing more to fit that what you see.

Show your patriotism and buy the Made in USA version from Grafs or Brownells, and make the boys at Swiss Products happy.

It's cheaper, too.

Not that THAT matters to a true Patriot, right? ;)

tac

Put your name down at either Grafs or Brownells - these items are not made by pressing a magic button, and are sold out almost as fast as they appear on the relevant web-sites. AFAIK, I am one of only two owners in the entire yUK, thanks to the generosity of a dear friend no longer with us.

tac, also known as 'tac'

Last Edited:
K31 - the finest battle rifle of the era that was never used in battle.

Apart from the 10-shot Lee-Enfield, that is.

Pal of mine has a ten-round custom-made magazine for his K31 - he can crank out ten AIMED shots in the same time as it can be done with a straight-pull. [This IS yUK, remember.] Sadly he can't use it in the CSR match as it is not original issue...else we'd all be just attending only to see who came second.

tac

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR