JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I toyed with selling my '51 K31 last Spring, but I didn't get any serious offers so I held on to it. There weren't very many K31's made compared to other milsurp rifles from this same time period. I'm surprised all matching examples can still be had for < $500 on Gunbroker. I love shooting mine, but ammo availability is a problem for those of us who don't reload.

I toyed with selling my '51 K31 last Spring, but I didn't get any serious offers so I held on to it. There weren't very many K31's made compared to other milsurp rifles from this same time period. I'm surprised all matching examples can still be had for < $500 on Gunbroker. I love shooting mine, but ammo availability is a problem for those of us who don't reload.

The answer is in your own paws, Sir. A few of us at swissrifles.com and my old pals Leon, Fritz and milprileb have long enjoyed cheap-er shooting with our handloaded concoctions. They sure do shoot a treat - here's my last six shots from a session a couple of weeks ago...

Mag holds six, so that's what I shot....

1566513649562.png

Here's MY K31 with a x4 Weaver K4 on Swiss Products clamp-on mount and Warne rings.....

View attachment 610695

I stopped buying GP11 when it passed the $100/C mark. Now it's around $1.13 a pop and I reload.
Here are the K11 and K31 together....

View attachment 610703

Green tag is a pre-shoot checker mark to show my trigger conforms.
Funniest line so far today.

Every time you do this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the sight takes my breath away a little. Kind of like the stunningly beautiful woman that you see walking down the street. And the realization that you could never have her by your side. :s0161:
Sheesh, maybe I ought to start looking for a Swiss Miss, to sit beside my Swede in the safe?

Every time you do this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the sight takes my breath away a little. Kind of like the stunningly beautiful woman that you see walking down the street. And the realization that you could never have her by your side. :s0161:
Sheesh, maybe I ought to start looking for a Swiss Miss, to sit beside my Swede in the safe?

Mik, both of my Swiss rifles were 'parted out' at the R&GC on the base where I was on TDY. As I was a member of the R&GC Europe at the time, and was 'entitled personnel' I leaped in with my wallet.

The K31 was $79.95 and the K11 was $89.95, but both came with slings and muzzle covers [oh, and a hundred cases that I couldn't use, since I was not set up for de-capping berdan primers.]

Here is another Swiss Miss for your viewing pleasure.. My matching 1951, still has a little Swiss Crest on the right side of the stock. I keep detailed stats on my target shooting and this coupled with GP11 is the most accurate vintage rifle that I own, by a wide margin. Now if I could only find more (affordable) GP11...

K31_6-4-19C.jpg

AD - the chances of getting a mis-matched Swiss anything are VERY slim indeed. Only the magazines might just be 'lost', but since, like the Lee-Enfield, they were meant to be refilled, rather than replaced, and you'd have to be really unlucky to find a mis-match. Spare magazines are available, but are around the $80 -100 mark - each. Best thing is not to take it off - ever, except for routine cleaning.

And BTW, you DO use grease post shooting, don't you?

Note that the sights do NOT match - they were out-made by a different part of the state arms factory in Bern, and that little Swiss shield on the stock is the cantonal arms of Bern Canton

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top