JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am thinking about a long walking rally beginning in Tigard going through Tualatin and ending in Wilsonville. High traffic route most of which would have sidewalks. I would walk the entire route, but other's could join in at any point and for whatever distance they thought they could handle. Participants would have to arrange to have somebody available to drop them off and pick them up at anytime along the route if they had to cut out. I have done it once before for fun and the entire route would take 5+ hours to complete with breaks along the way.

Just thinking of something different to promote the gun rights cause. Anybody interested in even a partial leg of a trip like that? It's just seed in my mind at this point but could be put together pretty easily if I thought it would be worthy of attention.

I'm not convinced that 2A rallies do any good to promote our Rights. Here is what I have always seen happen in the past

1. The rally is too small for anyone to take seriously
2. Some yokel decides waving a Confederate Flag is a good idea and ruins the entire groups credibility
3. The news interviews the most Bubba person they can find

Beyond calling and writing your legislature the best thing we can do to promote our Rights is actually talk to friends and family. When your cousin, neighbor, coworker says something about wrong about firearm ownership then respond with "well what about me?" make them see firearm owners as their family, friends, and neighbors. No need to even jump into citing FBI statistics. Make a reason and personal based appeal to the people you know.

For example:

Proposed legislation to limit magazine capacity to 5 rounds

Response "That would be really tough, it would mean I'd have to get rid of that (insert firearm here) that Grandpa gave me twenty years ago. Do you think Grandpa's old gun is really the problem here?"

People are less likely to vote for legislation that hurts people they know; but are happy to vote against a crowd of 5.11 pants wearers waiving confederate flags.

Be the person they know.

I doubt your going to convince many on the west coast, given the number of gun owners that vote the democrat ticket despite there only consistent message is gun control....
sorry to say they vote like lemmings.....
obamacare you have to vote for it first to see what it is :rolleyes: and they DID!

I'm not convinced that 2A rallies do any good to promote our Rights. Here is what I have always seen happen in the past

1. The rally is too small for anyone to take seriously
2. Some yokel decides waving a Confederate Flag is a good idea and ruins the entire groups credibility
3. The news interviews the most Bubba person they can find

Beyond calling and writing your legislature the best thing we can do to promote our Rights is actually talk to friends and family. When your cousin, neighbor, coworker says something about wrong about firearm ownership then respond with "well what about me?" make them see firearm owners as their family, friends, and neighbors. No need to even jump into citing FBI statistics. Make a reason and personal based appeal to the people you know.

For example:

Proposed legislation to limit magazine capacity to 5 rounds

Response "That would be really tough, it would mean I'd have to get rid of that (insert firearm here) that Grandpa gave me twenty years ago. Do you think Grandpa's old gun is really the problem here?"

People are less likely to vote for legislation that hurts people they know; but are happy to vote against a crowd of 5.11 pants wearers waiving confederate flags.

Be the person they know.
I hear you. I think it's less about changing minds and more about motivating those who already share the same ideas to do what you suggested. They see this guy or group of people out there at the rally and hopefully think to themselves the least I can do is write a couple of letters or send a few emails. I completely understand the negative press issues that a rally can generate and would guard against attracting that bad press.

I am thinking about a long walking rally beginning in Tigard going through Tualatin and ending in Wilsonville. High traffic route most of which would have sidewalks. I would walk the entire route, but other's could join in at any point and for whatever distance they thought they could handle. Participants would have to arrange to have somebody available to drop them off and pick them up at anytime along the route if they had to cut out. I have done it once before for fun and the entire route would take 5+ hours to complete with breaks along the way.

Just thinking of something different to promote the gun rights cause. Anybody interested in even a partial leg of a trip like that? It's just seed in my mind at this point but could be put together pretty easily if I thought it would be worthy of attention.

I think something that would be neat would be a mainstream activity that had nothing to do with the "pro-gun" agenda. Such as running the hood to coast, on a NWFA team. Throwing a blanket drive or spaghetti feed for the homeless. Performing a volunteer river or beach cleanup.
These are the kind of things that make people raise eyebrows.
"A gun group did what?!?"
We really need to change our image to combat the portrayal that our children are being fed by fear selling media outlets.
If you have any ideas such as this, I'd happily volunteer or even help coordinate!
Don't have much interest in parading down the street just to get some yahyo's beeping horn for support and recognition.

I think something that would be neat would be a mainstream activity that had nothing to do with the "pro-gun" agenda. Such as running the hood to coast, on a NWFA team. Throwing a blanket drive or spaghetti feed for the homeless. Performing a volunteer river or beach cleanup.
We really need to change our image to combat the portrayal that our children are being fed by fear selling media outlets.
If you have any ideas such as this, I'd happily vollonteer or even help coordinate!
Don't have much interest in parading down the street just to get some yahyo's beeping horn for support and recognition.
You can volunteer with Trash No Lands @Cogs would love to have you help out.

Edit: Sorry I missed your volunteer banners.

Last Edited:
I like the hood to coast idea but I am not a runner. My Dad did that a number of times with different teams.

My intent for the immediate future is raising awareness about these anti-gun bills so we can get as many people as possible to contact their legislators. Long term goals are great but won't get us out of this current mess.

If you have any ideas such as this, I'd happily volunteer or even help coordinate!

This sounds better. BUT, you have to get the news out thre to put in on the air, somehow.
Getting the same group together for a rally that does the clean-ups. We'd want to ad about 50 more people though. They're a wholesome looking bunch I tell ya'! Kids included.

He does, hence the green banners below his handle. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top