JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just handled one at Sportsman's Warehouse - BETTER than I expected! Excellent machine work and the lockup on the breakdown is positive & tight. Drop was perfect but I would need to add the rest of the stock butt extensions for my ape arms. The receiver sight was clear but I am already used to them. This is truly a winner from RUGER!

I shot one a fella had after the Miller's Quarry Cleanup by Trash No Land. Sorry, can't remember which fella..maybe @Reno911? We were passing around firearms like it was a square dancing competition. :D

Anywhoo...I was extremely impressed with this rifle. What a tack driver!

Going to have Jeremy at Lucky Sporting Goods order me one of these when I get some more fun money together.

Easy on the pep talk guys - Sportsman's is right across the street!

Feel the Ruger flowing through you...

65462231.jpg

Whats even better is I have a good friend who is a custom stock maker and has a pantographic stock copying machine....
Well, what can ya want more than a nice PCC in 9mm, than a nice PCC in 9mm that'll look damn good in a custom wood stock?

I bet your friend can even make it a perfect fit for you too.

I shot one a fella had after the Miller's Quarry Cleanup by Trash No Land. Sorry, can't remember which fella..maybe @Reno911? We were passing around firearms like it was a square dancing competition. :D

Anywhoo...I was extremely impressed with this rifle. What a tack driver!

Going to have Jeremy at Lucky Sporting Goods order me one of these when I get some more fun money together.
That was me.

Absolutely a keeper, super fun to shoot.

There are more and more little aftermarket parts popping up here and there.

Give it some time, Ruger needs to get them out there in droves, then I think companies like magpul may take up the model.

An AK sbr in 9mm or a Ruger carbine...
For me there would be no choice as I have never see any AK with the quality machining and fit of the PCC, and quite frankly I didn't know there even was an AK in 9mm - no matter anyway - the PCC is a 'conventional' design which I prefer and fit me quite well.

For me there would be no choice as I have never see any AK with the quality machining and fit of the PCC, and quite frankly I didn't know there even was an AK in 9mm - no matter anyway - the PCC is a 'conventional' design which I prefer and fit me quite well.
Homebuilds. That's where all the best fit and finish is. AKs in the American market were secondary market for the foreign companies exporting them. For the most part the manufacturers only cared if it works and if its accurate enough because a soldier, or whoever, isn't going to complain that fit and finish aren't right. Hence why homebuild AKs tend to be better when done by a good smith. We're spoiled with guns here in the states.

But for me, both are nice. Both use common mags, and both are in common ammo. So its either or, or easily both over time.

Heck my 1899 Winchester 94 has better fit and finish than most AKs I have ever handled.
I never really understood why anybody would want an AK when far better rifles exist - a stock AR shoulders better than an AK and Even a Ruger mini is vastly superior.
No matter though some just seem to 'need' a pistol grip regardless of the quality of the rifle. Maybe it's just the letters 'AK' than embolden some.
The scary part for me is I have to go in tomorrow morning for my seminar - Which puts me in line of sight of Sportsman's Warehouse.....

Because sometimes someone wants a simple semiauto rifle. Not all AKs have a pistol grip either. 9567273_1.jpg
Better is also subjective. Not everyone likes the AR, or levers. Some also like a bit of everything. When Aks were cheap, it was an alternative to expensive ARs, and they were accurate enough when the ammo was decent. Now its for people who just like the AK. As I said before, however, homebuild AKs done by a good builder or smith tend to have a good fit and finish. The imports, however, do not. Simply because the American market is only secondary to them. The primary contracts for foreign manufacturers of the AKs are military contracts, where there is little care about fit and finish.

Realistically, no matter how you cut it, its just a rifle. They're all just rifles. A mini-14, AR, AK, or anything you toss in as far as what is made currently, don't add up to a hill of beans outside of what a person likes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top