JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first PCC ! I have been looking for awhile and Ruger seems to have known what I wanted. Its nice to hear what Alex has to say and others that have a collection of PCCs. My first impressions are its great. The receiver and bolt are built like a tank and by far the heaviest part. It has a nice balance point just in front of the mag and the sights are heavy duty and for fast targeting. I got a chance to do some sighting in but my recent neck fusion cut things short. Im going to try mine with the rear spacers out of the stock, it still shoulders well enough for me and i want it as compact as i can get when taken down. At 6.8lbs its lighter than the CZ Scorpion and about like a lightweight AR build. It shot a little to the right at first but when i centered the windage the shots centered. i love it when that happens. I had to raise the elevation a bit at 25 yards. Nothing fancy on the groups but i think it will be a shooter. I was getting a little too sore to shoot well.

P1010642.JPG
P1010652.JPG P1010644.JPG

I tried it with a red-dot today. A Millet sp1 to be exact. Anyways 3 shots to zero then 7 more down the center. Now it will probably stay, but at least my irons are sighted. I know i can get better groups with the irons on a good day, than the ones above. lol I think we will get along just fine. Nice job Ruger !

P1010654.JPG
P1010653.JPG

I tried it with a red-dot today. A Millet sp1 to be exact. Anyways 3 shots to zero then 7 more down the center. Now it will probably stay, but at least my irons are sighted. I know i can get better groups with the irons on a good day, than the ones above. lol I think we will get along just fine. Nice job Ruger !

View attachment 462599
View attachment 462600

I have been taking mine with me weekly since I got it and just still can't get enough of it. For anyone who likes PCC's these really are the best thing since sliced bread. Found a cheap quick mount that actually works amazingly well so bought a few of them. Putting a dot on and off mine and they even hold zero amazingly well. So I leave the dot off in case the little rifle is needed at home. Only complaint from me is I am using up a lot more 9mm ammo :) If I am careful I can make one large ragged hole in a target with a happy stick shooting standing. Several times it gets some other shooter drifting over to see what I am shooting :)

I have been taking mine with me weekly since I got it and just still can't get enough of it. For anyone who likes PCC's these really are the best thing since sliced bread. Found a cheap quick mount that actually works amazingly well so bought a few of them. Putting a dot on and off mine and they even hold zero amazingly well. So I leave the dot off in case the little rifle is needed at home. Only complaint from me is I am using up a lot more 9mm ammo :) If I am careful I can make one large ragged hole in a target with a happy stick shooting standing. Several times it gets some other shooter drifting over to see what I am shooting :)
I know what you mean, I thought I was set for life with 9mm ammo until I got my PC. Now I am always looking for sales, because I am going through it faster than ever before. :)

I like how in the manual they have directions for complete teardown. The entire bolt assembly , extractor, firing pin ect and trigger group. And the bolt face is a separate piece. The design should make other calibers easy to produce. Or a future caliber change with a barrel swap included. Not many places for debris to enter either in nasty conditions. And only 3 Allen's for every bolt on the rifle.

It wacks the steel nice. Definitely notice the performance gain compared to the pistols. A 3-4x scope with a quick release would be a nice fit also.

My first PCC ! I have been looking for awhile and Ruger seems to have known what I wanted. Its nice to hear what Alex has to say and others that have a collection of PCCs. My first impressions are its great. The receiver and bolt are built like a tank and by far the heaviest part. It has a nice balance point just in front of the mag and the sights are heavy duty and for fast targeting. I got a chance to do some sighting in but my recent neck fusion cut things short. Im going to try mine with the rear spacers out of the stock, it still shoulders well enough for me and i want it as compact as i can get when taken down. At 6.8lbs its lighter than the CZ Scorpion and about like a lightweight AR build. It shot a little to the right at first but when i centered the windage the shots centered. i love it when that happens. I had to raise the elevation a bit at 25 yards. Nothing fancy on the groups but i think it will be a shooter. I was getting a little too sore to shoot well.

View attachment 462539
View attachment 462543 View attachment 462541
Heh, I like your sack a ammo. lol

412223-06ff19c169a74e4df1d847dd6dcc2b23.jpg

The $529 at a shop where there was no shipping or transfer fee's would be a very good price right now. Of course only problem with that would be the horror stories I have heard of trying to buy a gun at Cabelas.

I'm sworn off Cabella's entirely at this point. 2 Christmases ago I decided to treat myself, found a nice little .380 pistol I had my eye on. Cabella's online said they had it in stock and would ship it to the Tualatin store. No problem. Shut up and take my money (which they did.)

Weeks went by and they couldn't tell me the status of my order. They couldn't tell me where the gun was, if they had sent it to the store or not. The store claimed they didn't have it.

Weeks turned into MONTHS and Cabella's still couldn't tell me if the transfer was happening, what the status was, where the gun was, NOTHING. Despite the fact that they billed me for it right away.

At that point I told them thanks but no thanks, I don't need the aggravation and pulled the plug on the order. Even the refund was delayed until I complained to their Twitter account.

Same day, went to Sportsman's Warehouse and bought a different .380 immediately. They were a little backed up on the background checks so that took longer than I would have liked, but still, within an hour, transaction over. I won't go to Cabella's for shoelaces at this point much less a firearm.

I like how in the manual they have directions for complete teardown. The entire bolt assembly , extractor, firing pin ect and trigger group. And the bolt face is a separate piece. The design should make other calibers easy to produce. Or a future caliber change with a barrel swap included. Not many places for debris to enter either in nasty conditions. And only 3 Allen's for every bolt on the rifle.

It wacks the steel nice. Definitely notice the performance gain compared to the pistols. A 3-4x scope with a quick release would be a nice fit also.

One of the first reviews of these mentioned it sure looked like Ruger was setting them up for caliber swaps in the future. The way these are selling I suspect that if Ruger did not some after market will. I had to get the manual out on mine a couple times when cleaning. I soon found that if you take the bolt out to clean you have to watch what you're doing. Squeeze it wrong and it starts to come apart since it's made so simple. Couple times I had to look at the exploded drawing to see how it went back together. It sure looks like it would be dead simple to make other calibers for the same receiver like the TNW and Just Right carbines do. I REALLY want one in both 10mm and .45. If they make one I will be re homing my TNW's :)
I have a cheap BSA 1-4 scope that works great on my PCC's. I need to get a quick mount to fit it now so I can slap it on and take this outside where I can try it at longer range. One thing I love about using optics on mine is I can use a brass catcher made for use on an AR as long as I have optics on it. Don't have to chase brass all over.

Lol, I've now got three 9mm carbines. I keep them fed regularly thanks to owning a progressive. Without it, this would get expensive.

Also been shooting a ton of inexpensive poly coated bullets from Eggleston.

I find it helps to only bring one magazine to the range. That reduces the desire to load ten at a time and just keep burning through them.

Either way this one is certainly a very fun rifle. It completes the set for sure.

Now I just need a reliable inexpensive model to become my home defense PCC.

Lol, I've now got three 9mm carbines. I keep them fed regularly thanks to owning a progressive. Without it, this would get expensive.

Also been shooting a ton of inexpensive poly coated bullets from Eggleston.

I find it helps to only bring one magazine to the range. That reduces the desire to load ten at a time and just keep burning through them.

Either way this one is certainly a very fun rifle. It completes the set for sure.

Now I just need a reliable inexpensive model to become my home defense PCC.

I've taken to taking at least 2 .22's with me every week now and making myself spend some time with them to keep me from burning up so much 9 ammo :) I load enough mags to to never have to load the 9mm while there. On my .22's I load all I have. I like to get there when the place opens and normally in an hour I have my fix. This way the place is still slow by time I get done. Never liked being there when it gets crowded. Makes me nervous not knowing who is all around me.
If you want a PCC for Home use and are OK with 9mm these are there. They make a great home gun. The Kel-Tec S2K's are a little cheaper and also are great for this. For about a decade I had one in .40 that replaced my house shotgun as the go to home gun. So light and compact. I only re homed it after getting a TNW in 10mm. With the collapsible AR stock it too makes a VERY compact home gun and in 10mm wicked for this.

But it is much cheaper than 556, and arguably more fun.
I bought my first Kel-Tec PCC in .40 to have a long gun I could use at the indoor range and for home use. The damn little rifle was so small and light though it booted hell out of you. Every time I would use it for a while my shoulder would hurt for a day or so. Wife would not even shoot it. So bought one in 9mm for her. Even that was too much for her but she would at least practice. This one is something she can both play with at the indoor range and have fun with. She likes my TNW 9mm too but the Ruger trigger is a whole lot better. Ruger really did things right with this.

I've taken to taking at least 2 .22's with me every week now and making myself spend some time with them to keep me from burning up so much 9 ammo :) I load enough mags to to never have to load the 9mm while there. On my .22's I load all I have. I like to get there when the place opens and normally in an hour I have my fix. This way the place is still slow by time I get done. Never liked being there when it gets crowded. Makes me nervous not knowing who is all around me.
If you want a PCC for Home use and are OK with 9mm these are there. They make a great home gun. The Kel-Tec S2K's are a little cheaper and also are great for this. For about a decade I had one in .40 that replaced my house shotgun as the go to home gun. So light and compact. I only re homed it after getting a TNW in 10mm. With the collapsible AR stock it too makes a VERY compact home gun and in 10mm wicked for this.
I have been painstakingly going through a bunch of Remington Golden bullet buckets I bought during the drought. That stuff is stupid dirty ammo.

So needless to sayxi don't mind burning through a thousand at a time at the range.

Then I cry a little when I get home and have to sand blast the rifle clean.

I bought my first Kel-Tec PCC in .40 to have a long gun I could use at the indoor range and for home use. The damn little rifle was so small and light though it booted hell out of you. Every time I would use it for a while my shoulder would hurt for a day or so. Wife would not even shoot it. So bought one in 9mm for her. Even that was too much for her but she would at least practice. This one is something she can both play with at the indoor range and have fun with. She likes my TNW 9mm too but the Ruger trigger is a whole lot better. Ruger really did things right with this.
Alex you ever make it to one of our clean ups I'll bring my CMMG Guard for you to fall in love with...

I have been painstakingly going through a bunch of Remington Golden bullet buckets I bought during the drought. That stuff is stupid dirty ammo.

So needless to sayxi don't mind burning through a thousand at a time at the range.

Then I cry a little when I get home and have to sand blast the rifle clean.

I've been going through some old Golden Bullets with the Buckmark and at times chunks of smoldering crap lands on my hand and burns. Nasty stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top