JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Alex you ever make it to one of our clean ups I'll bring my CMMG Guard for you to fall in love with...

No doubt. I have been a big fanboy of the PCC's since the beginning almost. Always have just loved the idea. For a while I had a couple of the cheap stamped metal kind of looked like a Thompson rifles. Triggers were HORRENDOUS but I still loved them. Always liked the old M1's. Weep when I think about the old Mil Surp ones I have owned and sold, should have kept one. So this last many years when these suddenly became the new "thing" was great for me. Like 1911's I seem to never see or handle a PCC I do not want :) For while there I had 5 with one TNW having the parts to make it 2 calibers. Finally sold my Mech-Tech to Etrain to buy another TNW. Then sold my S2K in .40 to buy the Ruger. So I still now have 3 in 9mm, one Ruger, one Kel-Tec, and one TNW and one TNW that is both a 10mm and a .45. Since the TNW 9mm did not find a new home I think I will just buy another lower from them and turn it into a full time .45. Even with this I still want pretty much every one I ever see or touch. I just never seem to have enough of them :)

I've been going through some old Golden Bullets with the Buckmark and at times chunks of smoldering crap lands on my hand and burns. Nasty stuff.

LOL, yep during the great panic shortage I had .22 ammo coming in weekly. Mostly CCI my favorite. After a year or two into this my Wife finally comes home one day to inform me there is no .22 ammo to be found, this was news to her. I tried to assure her we were fine. Showed her I had over 10K of the stuff and that I had more coming weekly so she was fine to shoot all she wanted. Well as often happens she did not settle for my word and started trying to buy it herself. <sigh> So I ended up with a few K of the Rem Golden. I also ended up with about 8K of the Fed bulk cheap stuff that's even worse. The day that showed up I see the UPS guy with a nasty look on his face. Humping this box to the door that was easy to see heavy. He throws that one down and goes back for another. They were full of this Fed bulk ammo Wife had found with no limit somewhere. When I asked her the response was "I didn't think I bought that much, but they had it with no limit". We will probably die of old age before we use that up since I don't like the crap. If there is another panic I may give it away as "gifts" :)

LOL, yep during the great panic shortage I had .22 ammo coming in weekly. Mostly CCI my favorite. After a year or two into this my Wife finally comes home one day to inform me there is no .22 ammo to be found, this was news to her. I tried to assure her we were fine. Showed her I had over 10K of the stuff and that I had more coming weekly so she was fine to shoot all she wanted. Well as often happens she did not settle for my word and started trying to buy it herself. <sigh> So I ended up with a few K of the Rem Golden. I also ended up with about 8K of the Fed bulk cheap stuff that's even worse. The day that showed up I see the UPS guy with a nasty look on his face. Humping this box to the door that was easy to see heavy. He throws that one down and goes back for another. They were full of this Fed bulk ammo Wife had found with no limit somewhere. When I asked her the response was "I didn't think I bought that much, but they had it with no limit". We will probably die of old age before we use that up since I don't like the crap. If there is another panic I may give it away as "gifts" :)

I have had better luck with federal. But did get some cheap red box stuff that was crap. I don't mind the blue box federal or auto-match. Blazers or blue box Federal and auto match are fine for me when plinking and some target target shooting , CCI Velcitor, Stinger and minimags for hunting when I get my choice.

I think the PC9 would make a fine house gun. I have some 115 grain Winchester JHPs that are 383 fpe from a pistol. Also some 124gr +p Golden Sabers that might be better yet. I'm gonna put the light laser combo on it and give it a go.

Does your eject the casings 7-8 feet away ? Man it throws the brass. But they are in great condition. So nice for reloading.

I have had better luck with federal. But did get some cheap red box stuff that was crap. I don't mind the blue box federal or auto-match. Blazers or blue box Federal and auto match are fine for me when plinking and some target target shooting , CCI Velcitor, Stinger and minimags for hunting when I get my choice.

I think the PC9 would make a fine house gun. I have some 115 grain Winchester JHPs that are 383 fpe from a pistol. Also some 124gr +p Golden Sabers that might be better yet. I'm gonna put the light laser combo on it and give it a go.

Does your eject the casings 7-8 feet away ? Man it throws the brass. But they are in great condition. So nice for reloading.

The Fed she bought was gold and black box, 325 per box "value pack". I think it's that same stuff they used they used to sell in the red box that was 550 or 525 whatever. Never did like it. The Auto match does work fine for me too.
I have not shot my PC9 outside yet so not sure on brass. All the shooting has been at an indoor range so brass is hitting the wall next to me and of course bouncing all over. It's only like that with iron though. I put a brass catcher that mounts to the rail when I have an optic on it. So most of the shooting the brass is all caught in there. I don't roll 9mm any more but save the brass to give away to others who roll. The ballistics with good 9mm +p 124 ammo in a 16 inch tube match .357 125 gr stuff at a 4 inch tube. So yes these make a REALLY good home gun. :)

I'm definitely getting one, but god it is ugly.

Last year when they announced these I thought that too when I first saw a pic of one. Then when I read why it looked like that I could understand but was not real keen on it. After I got to watch a couple reviews I was sold enough to start watching for one. As soon as I started shooting it I was totally over it. Damn thing is just made so well.

The 17 round mag hangs down around 2'' on the PC9 and the 33 round mags are close to the 30 round AR mags in length. A shorter mag should fit flush. Heres a size comparison with a 16'' barreled AR ,it fits nice in a 37'' AR soft case with the stock spacers out . Beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess. And i like function over looks.

P1010657.JPG
P1010658.JPG
P1010664.JPG

I adjusted my laser last night by looking through my red-dot with the rifle rested, and on a white suface I moved the laser over the dot at about 25' . I just went out and tried it and hipshots at around 10+ yards I could easily hit the 2" steel. I'm thinking I should put one back on the bedside pistol as well.

I also want to give a thumbs up on he SGM Glock mags I ordered. That are steel lined and priced well. They are made in Korea but backed with a five year guarantee. Zero problems so far and they included a mag loader for free. I ordered mine from classic firearms.

Standard Capacity Archives - SGM Tactical

I have no doubt Ruger put out a good product. I'm a Ruger fan boy, and I'm sure it's designed with good reason too. Asthetically it's just a mess. Also I really hate that anything 9mm these days that is a rifle isn't flush magazine when loaded. I know it's convenient to use the glockmags, and I like that, but just so exposed and funky looking

No problem, I know I must sound like I work for Ruger or own a bunch of their stock on these :) It really is I just like these that much. I am kind of the odd man out on the PCC thing. I liked these things many decades ago when no one else thought they were worth having. I had several when this design hit the web and soon wanted one. For me the ability to take the Glock 33 round was a huge plus. Just that Ruger would make a gun that was able to take Glock was a big shock to me considering how they have been when the old man ran it. It was like the guys there watched the sudden interest in PCC's, looked at what was out there and built theirs with lots of new idea's. This makes me willing to over look a lot with them since I just love them. PCC's in general are still not for everyone. A LOT of shooters turn their nose up at all of them having no use for any long gun that uses pistol ammo. To me the PCC's are a lot like 1911's. I love the 1911 too and every time I see one I want another. For me these (PCC's) are like that too. Every one I see I want to have, not just these. This latest one from Ruger has rapidly become my hands down favorite though. Best money I ever spent. Does not mean all will like the idea which is fine with me. There is a ton of stuff out there for every taste. It's not like this Ruger is going to even come close to putting the other guys out or the market by a long shot :)

I adjusted my laser last night by looking through my red-dot with the rifle rested, and on a white suface I moved the laser over the dot at about 25' . I just went out and tried it and hipshots at around 10+ yards I could easily hit the 2" steel. I'm thinking I should put one back on the bedside pistol as well.

I also want to give a thumbs up on he SGM Glock mags I ordered. That are steel lined and priced well. They are made in Korea but backed with a five year guarantee. Zero problems so far and they included a mag loader for free. I ordered mine from classic firearms.

As for the laser, that too is something I have long liked. Like so many things many do NOT like then and some have very strong dislike. Matters not to me as I do like them. I have had one on my favorite 1911 for a very long time and love it. I do always practice with it off first each range trip to make myself use the iron, but then turn it back on and of course love it. One of the first things I bought for the Ruger when new was a light Laser combo. Just for at home use for me and the Wife. it of course makes hitting something the size of an intruder super easy and fast. Again not for everyone but mine is not going anywhere :)

[QUOTE="MrMillspecer, post: 1973881, member: 12554"

Standard Capacity Archives - SGM Tactical[/QUOTE]

I am glad to hear the SGM mags worked too. I suspect this has more to do with the gun than the mags. I recently gave away a few SGM and ETS mags here since they would not work in any of my PCC's. They worked but kept causing the occasional hang up and since Glock mags did not and were plentiful I gave them away.If I had gotten the Ruger it would have been interesting to see if it would feed with those. The Ruger design reminds me a lot of the feed system that is used on open bolt firearms. I liked that as soon as I got mine and looked at it. I suspect this will lead to these having much better luck with the cheaper after market mags. Been wanting to buy one of the Drums just to play with. If Glock would make one I would jump on one.

As for the laser, that too is something I have long liked. Like so many things many do NOT like then and some have very strong dislike. Matters not to me as I do like them. I have had one on my favorite 1911 for a very long time and love it. I do always practice with it off first each range trip to make myself use the iron, but then turn it back on and of course love it. One of the first things I bought for the Ruger when new was a light Laser combo. Just for at home use for me and the Wife. it of course makes hitting something the size of an intruder super easy and fast. Again not for everyone but mine is not going anywhere :)

Not having to aim and still hitting your target is a big advantage too me. And with a neck injury it's nice to not have to shoulder it at this time. It will never replace good form but I think it has it's place.

[QUOTE="MrMillspecer, post: 1973881, member: 12554"

I am glad to hear the SGM mags worked too. I suspect this has more to do with the gun than the mags. I recently gave away a few SGM and ETS mags here since they would not work in any of my PCC's. They worked but kept causing the occasional hang up and since Glock mags did not and were plentiful I gave them away.If I had gotten the Ruger it would have been interesting to see if it would feed with those. The Ruger design reminds me a lot of the feed system that is used on open bolt firearms. I liked that as soon as I got mine and looked at it. I suspect this will lead to these having much better luck with the cheaper after market mags. Been wanting to buy one of the Drums just to play with. If Glock would make one I would jump on one.[/QUOTE]

Did you notice the feed ramp above the chamber as well as below ? Nice desgn . I will let you know if I have any problems with them. Everything is low round count at this time. But not one malfunction yet.

Not having to aim and still hitting your target is a big advantage too me. And with a neck injury it's nice to not have to shoulder it at this time. It will never replace good form but I think it has it's place.[/I]

I am glad to hear the SGM mags worked too. I suspect this has more to do with the gun than the mags. I recently gave away a few SGM and ETS mags here since they would not work in any of my PCC's. They worked but kept causing the occasional hang up and since Glock mags did not and were plentiful I gave them away.If I had gotten the Ruger it would have been interesting to see if it would feed with those. The Ruger design reminds me a lot of the feed system that is used on open bolt firearms. I liked that as soon as I got mine and looked at it. I suspect this will lead to these having much better luck with the cheaper after market mags. Been wanting to buy one of the Drums just to play with. If Glock would make one I would jump on one.

Did you notice the feed ramp above the chamber as well as below ? Nice desgn . I will let you know if I have any problems with them. Everything is low round count at this time. But not one malfunction yet.[/QUOTE]

It also feeds almost strait into the chamber from the mag. This is how the open bolt guns I have had worked. The engineers who designed these things did a LOT of stuff right. I was concerned with mine when I first took it out of the box because the mags fit shockingly loose, at least seemed that way to me. Seemed like a lot of slop there. First trip to the range I took some stuff to shim the mag well if needed thinking maybe something would be needed. Figured if that was the case it should be easy enough to get another from Ruger. I pleasantly found that I could not make the rifle jam. No mater how I held it or what ammo I put in it, stuff just fed. I had even taken the other mag well with me and the one Ruger mag that came with it in case. Turns out I did not need it and have never even tried the other mag well. I had thought of buying some Ruger mags for it but when I looked they cost more than the Glock mags so figured why bother. Would of course be great for anyone who happens to own one of the Ruger pistols to go with the rifle. The way these are designed I suspect that will be one of the after market things that should show up before long. Mag wells to fit other mags too. Looks like it would be a pretty simple thing to make for these.

Did you notice the feed ramp above the chamber as well as below ? Nice desgn . I will let you know if I have any problems with them. Everything is low round count at this time. But not one malfunction yet.

It also feeds almost strait into the chamber from the mag. This is how the open bolt guns I have had worked. The engineers who designed these things did a LOT of stuff right. I was concerned with mine when I first took it out of the box because the mags fit shockingly loose, at least seemed that way to me. Seemed like a lot of slop there. First trip to the range I took some stuff to shim the mag well if needed thinking maybe something would be needed. Figured if that was the case it should be easy enough to get another from Ruger. I pleasantly found that I could not make the rifle jam. No mater how I held it or what ammo I put in it, stuff just fed. I had even taken the other mag well with me and the one Ruger mag that came with it in case. Turns out I did not need it and have never even tried the other mag well. I had thought of buying some Ruger mags for it but when I looked they cost more than the Glock mags so figured why bother. Would of course be great for anyone who happens to own one of the Ruger pistols to go with the rifle. The way these are designed I suspect that will be one of the after market things that should show up before long. Mag wells to fit other mags too. Looks like it would be a pretty simple thing to make for these.[/QUOTE]

I went straight to the Glock mags myself. They do move around some but I didn't find it too bad. And it's early in the game but it seems like one should last for generations. A dam solid build.

I sighted in my dot at 25 yards and when I moved back to 50 yards today and it maintained the same point of impact. And put 4 of 7 shots in the center in a small cluster. Hell yeah ! I was expecting to have to hold over. Nope. What a blast to shoot.

I put the green crimson trace laser on my Sig pistol again also. Low light targeting is dam fast.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top