JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Videos speak much louder then media bias. I'm wondering why not one of the "residents" (opp) was arrested or charged. Goes to show that these public parks are no longer public. Even though that was there original argument as to why they were allowed there. I'm all for going down to Portland police station and protesting, lol, while open carrying to support the guy who was arrested.

Videos speak much louder then media bias. I'm wondering why not one of the "residents" (opp) was arrested or charged. Goes to show that these public parks are no longer public. Even though that was there original argument as to why they were allowed there. I'm all for going down to Portland police station and protesting, lol, while open carrying to support the guy who was arrested.

agree did you see the people with mask in the raw vidio??

agree did you see the people with mask in the raw vidio??

I just watched the only "raw video" I could find and I'm not seeing anything remotely close to a threat level that would justify pulling a weapon. All I'm seeing is one angry girl shouting while being restrained by her friends and the guy who was arrested is goading her on saying things like "whatcha gonna do about it" and "let her go". Most of the group appears to be trying to diffuse the situation.......... am I missing something?
That some of you actually think this is the standard for justifying lethal force really concerns me, not to mention you are reinforcing much of the public's image of gun owners being a bunch of trigger happy macho cowboys.

Unless that video is missing something, the CCW guy who was arrested should have just walked away. He appears to be too much of a hothead to be carrying a gun if he is unable to walk away from an argument like this. Take the high road.

The 'protesters' remind me of the homeless kids in downtown Seattle. I would not go and pick a fight with them either. It's just looking for trouble to get into that type of altercation with multiple people. What did he think would happen?

The 'protesters' remind me of the homeless kids in downtown Seattle. I would not go and pick a fight with them either. It's just looking for trouble to get into that type of altercation with multiple people. What did he think would happen?

He'd catch a disease, LOL?

I work near the campground downtown, and I walk through it whenever I can because people fascinate me. Cannot comment on the firearm incident because I didn't see it. But what I do see as the weeks pass is that the political protest crowd seems to have diminished to the point where the vast majority there now look more like confused street urchins with a free pass to hang out, bounce their tumbling skateboards off the ankles of passers by, and argue over cigarettes, pit bulls and energy drinks. Sadly, and statistics bear this out, there is a LOT of mental illness simmering in the chronically homeless population. And frustration, too, little of which has much, if any, resemblance to the original protest chants. So that an unpleasant skirmish broke out is no surprise. In fact, I would expect more, except the crowd may actually be self-moderating a bit to forestall an eventual eviction.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top