JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am quite certain he had the .22 Hornet version .... okay not so sure, but I do own a AR-7 that I planned to pack along with my G-29 or EAA Witness, both 10mm

A buddy of mine who is a photography buff was hiking this time last year, a full grown cougar (not the womanly kind that teaches young men) walked 20 feet from him on the trail in front of him. He decided that he didn't need to go that direction to take the picture he wanted. His wife doesn't approve of firearms, so his only protection is a Kershaw.

Another buddy of mine was out hunting this time last year, on a whim he went ahead and got a tag for bear as well. He's from central Oregon and it's a good thing he had the tag because he came upon a really big bear that was prepping for hibernation, meaning that it was eating everything it could get to.

So, just because I grew up in the South, doesn't mean I'm not serious about packing a good weapon while I'm off trail hiking. The Law Tactical adapter allows the weapon to be brought to use immediately after taking it out of the pack, where as the AR-7 needs to be put together from the parts all being stowed in the stock.

But if you feel that you don't need something like that, to each his own. I'm not going to judge. I was raised in hurricane country and I still have those similar supplies. Each of us need to determine the level of preparedness that we want to go through.

I used to just hike with my 1911, but after those two stories I'm thinking I want a bit more that just extra ammo and magazines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top